cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wm-0001
Scholar

Prices going up

Boost going up to £6 a month, when it went up to £5 it was a ridiculous increase!

Ad removal and multi access should be separate charges perhaps £3 for each?

HD and surround sound should be standard.

If NOW want to charge for superior picture quality charge for UHD!

27 REPLIES 27
Crowl
Advocate

Boost would be far more acceptable if it offered UHD streaming on any content that supported that, at this point 1080p should not require an addon. 

For those saying that you don't have to pay for it, that's true, but I'm not sure it's in their best interests to encourage people to think of cancelling stuff. Taking myself as an example, I first started to get the boost sub when the firetv app had an issue that only showed up when a stream tried to switch over to the adverts, but since I was paying for boost anyway, I found myself adding the movies sub more often too, but will probably drop down to just the ent package next month. 

wm-0001
Scholar

That would make the over charging a little more reasonable.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Again, you are quoting headline prices, rather than the deals that one can get

Disney+ at £7.99 a month is great value.

Prime Video with Amazon Prime is excellent especially if you use their shopping service regularly.

Netflix at £10.99 for HD, or £15.99 for 4K is barking.

Plus it all depends on which content you find most compelling.

wm-0001
Scholar

The closest equivalent from Now is close to £30 ent+cinema+boost!

redchiz1
Champion 2

@wm-0001 wrote:

The closest equivalent from Now is close to £30 ent+cinema+boost!

Equivalent to what?

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

People need to let Now know that they know Now are boiling the frog.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
redchiz1
Champion 2

@RoyB 

I am sure they have more sophisticated means of measuring customer take up, churn etc. than boiling water. 

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

Indeed:-

https://www.statista.com/statistics/895374/now-tv-households-in-the-uk/

But how to interpret what you see?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.