cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matty999
Scholar

Price Increase

I have a sports membership deal and have been/should be paying £25 a month until August. I can see that the base price has increased from £33.99 to £34.99 however the blurb is that "If you're on an offer or a minimum-term plan, your price won't change until your offer or plan ends." I've been charge £26 this month though. Has this happened to anyone else?

16 REPLIES 16
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Matty999 

My sports price is £20 a month until May. Going up to £21 for next payment. Not sure I can be bothered with complaining, as it's way better than full price. It does however make me question keeping the membership in general though. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Simon-J I've just checked my account and it's the same. I'm on an offer but the offer price has also increased by £1. Like @gavs82008 has said, who'll complain over £1, but if Now has done that across, say, 1 million accounts/memberships, that's a nice bonus for the company!

Screenshot_2023-02-09-09-50-39-10_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

redchiz1
Champion 2

I noticed the same when I checked My Account yesterday for upcoming payments. I got onto chat and the agent assured me that the original offer terms would be met as stated on the website and in the personal email notification. I persisted in pointing out the anomaly, but they could not explain that. In light of what @Matty999 has said I am expecting the worst. At least I am armed with all the necessary information and assurances to go back to them if needs be, but it is a pain.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Matty999 @redchiz1 @Saint1976 @gavs82008 

I've been made aware that right now there is an error meaning thoses currently on offers are wrongly seeing their next charge increase by £1. I've been assured that this is just an error in "my account" displaying the wrong price however you should not be charged this.

@Matty999 can you please take a look at your bank account and let me know how much you have been charged for the sports pass, it should be the normal offer price of £25 regardless of what your NOW account is displaying.

Thanks

Simon

Matty999
Scholar

Hi @Simon-J , I've definitely had £26 taken from my bank account, it was how I spotted the error. It debited this morning.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Simon-J 

Happy to report my up coming payment is showing as £20 😎

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

@Simon-J I have just looked again and the upcoming payments have been corrected to the right amounts.

@Matty999 I don't know if Simon will be able to help directly here, maybe get in touch with the TV support team on chat?

Matty999
Scholar

Yes thank you, I can see it’s been updated on my account as well. I’ve been in touch with the support team and they’ve applied a £1 credit too. Thanks for your replies.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Hi @Simon-J this still seems to be occurring judging by other posts. And my previously corrected price for Sports has now been amended up by £1 again, strange?