cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Plusnet still charge for my line rental

Hello,

I was sent last bill from my previous broadband provider, which was Plunet and with big surprise I saw that they were still charge me the line rental, even thought that my service and contract, ended on 22nd May, and Now TV took over my service from 23rd.

So I called Plusnetvand I enquired what was going on and why the sent me a bill for £35.56 when my contract had expired and I had a new internet provider, which as I mentioned it is Now TV.

They said that Now TV took over my internet, but not my line rental?????

What's going on here, I mean, I'm paying two provider, one my telephone line and one for my broadband.

In addition to this, because my contract with Plusnet is expired, they now charge me an out of contract service..... over £35 a month!!!.

Can someone please explain me how on earth this happened and how long is going to take Now TV to sort this out.

Any extra money I'll be charged by Plunet, I'll account Now TV responsible for it!

This is not the start of a good relationship with Now TV.

Please hurry to sort this matter out, before I decided to cancel my contract within 14 days!!!

Thank you

Nuccio

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Call the broadband team from the number below.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/switching-to-now-broadband-or-moving-home

NOW Broadband Members can call us 8am–8pm, 7 days a week.

03300 412518
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I found this linked thread below over on the Plusnet Community Forum.

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Account-Billing/Being-billed-line-rental-after-switching-providers/td-p/1857851 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I just called Plusnet and they told me that they'll cancel my line rental, but I've to make sure that Nowtv took over this too, all ng with the broadband.

I wondering how Nowtv took over the broadband, without taking over the phone line?

Is this possible? And if it is how do I contact Nowtv to discuss about it, as without phone line I cannot have internet.

Thank you

Nuccio

Get Outlook for Android<>
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Call the broadband team from the number below.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/switching-to-now-broadband-or-moving-home

NOW Broadband Members can call us 8am–8pm, 7 days a week.

03300 412518
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

One of the problems here is loose terminology by PlusNet. That’s why Now talk about Broadband and Calls.

You can have Broadband without Calls, and you can have Calls without Broadband, but you can’t have one from one supplier and the other from a different supplier.

So when you stop PlusNet Broadband, PlusNet should know if the Broadband is just stopping, or if it is being transferred; and if it is being transferred, they should realise that the Calls should stop, even if Calls isn’t being transferred. (As you might perfectly well decide not to bother with landline Calls from Now, and just use your mobile, as many people do today).

But PlusNet aren’t, apparently, doing the joined-up thinking that the latter involves 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

More than loose terminology it is a legalized scam!

They obviously know that when another internet provider is taking over, it'll include both broadband and line rental, but they play dumb, just to keeping on charging people.

When I called Plusnet and told them exactly my point of view, they replied that they were unaware that Now was taking over the line rental too.

That made me laugh, so I told them to stop playing dump and to deceive people with this silly trick, and I also told them to cancel my landline, backdated to when my contract had expired and to refund my money asap lol.