cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Payment

I cancelled my now tv membership but there still taking payments iv tried to contact now tv but without success anyone else had this problem? And how did you resolve it 

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

When you beleived you cancelled, did you get a confirmation email to confirm the cancellation?

What payments are coming out? Is it still the same membership?

Do you still have any active memberships within your account?

https://www.nowtv.com/gb/account/membership

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I had the confirmation email on Sunday payment was the same as my first payment
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You said ‘taking payments’, as if this had been going on for some time, but from your last posting, it was maybe only one payment?

If you cut cancelling too fine, and only do it one or two days before the renewal date, then Now may have already started the billing cycle; and even though the money doesn’t come out before the due date, the wheels are already turning, and it’s too late to stop them.

Is this what happened?

Unless it’s a last-minute decision to cancel, you might as well do it the minute you decide you are going to do it; the membership will still be valid, and work, right up to what was going to be the next due date.

Live Chat will probably give it back if you ask. See my sig, line 2.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User

Yes, lots of people have this problem.

But the causes are many and varied.

The most likely one is that you started the rather tortuous cancellation process, but did not complete all four steps.

I am told that if you successfully cancel, you will get an email confirming this, but I have successfully cancelled before without ever getting one.

The check I use is to go into my account, from Now in a browser, and look at the details of the particular membership, which should show that no upcoming payment is due.

You can check this now; what do you see?

The next possibility is that you have more than one membership on your account; if so you must cancel each one individually. Again, you can check this possibility by looking at the memberships on your account, as above, and seeing if any are still running.

Next, you may have inadvertently started more than one account. You can perhaps check this as shown here:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/find-an-account

Then we come to the accident and fraud possibilities.

Your account details persist on any TV, stick, or box, so anyone who has access to one of these doesn’t even need your password to buy a new pass; might be a four-year-old looking in Sports trying to find Peppa Pig, might be a deliberate misuse of your account. This can start memberships at will, unless you have set a Payment PIN.

In those cases, people don’t even need your account details, just an open device; but of course if someone else has your account details, including password, they can log into your account and, unless you have set a Payment PIN, start memberships at will on a new device.

Again, you can check your account under Devices, and see if there are devices, or times of last usage, that you don’t recognise.

The final option I can think of (though perhaps someone else can think of others!) is outright fraud where a bad actor has your card details, and simply uses them on a new Now account.

But check the above and see if any of the scenarios fit; and for more assistance, if required, contact Now’s Live Chat via the Help (using Get In Touch and avoiding the ‘Get Help Quickly’ blandishments of the Nowbot!).

Or send an email to customerservices @ nowtv.com (removing the spaces need to stop the Community software eating this email address).

Good luck, and please let us know what it was!

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.