cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Payment issues

Hi can anybody help me. I’ve just purchased now tv stick. Followed all steps to set up but unable to set up my free plans but have money in my account to do so! Please somebody help

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you getting stuck on the setup process of the NowTV stick when creating a new account and entering your bank card details ?

Any error message appearing on screen when attempting to add your bank card details ?

What type of bank card are you trying to apply, is it an upfront pre paid card or a debit or standard credit card with the Visa / MasterCard logo on it  ?

I am assuming your are 18 years old or over and the card is registered to a UK or Republic of Ireland bank and you are a UK or ROI resident ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. Thanks for your reply. 

yes it’s a uk debit card and I’m over 18. I use to have an account with them on the same log in details with an old box but cancelled all subscriptions. Now I have just this morning brought a new stick and completed all set ups other than adding my bank card so I can redeem my free vouchers for film, entertainment etc. 

it does state to have 10p in your account for this process and I have way over that in there but still isn’t working. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

With your old NowTV account did you just cancel your monthly subscription passes and didn't ask live chat to remove all trace of your account on their data base ?

When you log in on here with your old account details from the box, is there an option under My Account > Personal Details to update your bank card ?

If you can update your old account, then try setting up the stick again with the bundled vouchers on them with the old account details (depending you can access and update your old account).

Other than that you need to get in touch with NowTV live chat (unless you have another bank card you can try).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve tried that on the old account it says I can update my card but still doesn’t go through. 

do you know how I get to the live chat? 

im so new to all this. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I have posted a link to live chat on this thread linked below (just make sure you are aware that live chat are swamped with people trying to contact them at the moment so you may need to keep trying through the course of today / tomorrow).

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Offers-Vouchers/Can-t-apply-new-voucher/m-p/521857#M5861 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am not sure if this is relevant in your particular case or you are encountering the same scenario, but see if the solution in this liked thread below has any bearing when updating your details and bank card on your existing old account.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Account-Billing/Change-payment-card/m-p/514255