cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris2

Payment details removed and can't verify my email address or change it on account settings

I received notification that the payment details on my account had been removed and then  I logged in and I am unable to verify my email it keeps saying unable to send an email and it wont let me change my email address either. Any ideas

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Chris2

I f you didn’t remove your payment details, and you haven’t just cancelled the card used, or had it expire, then either Now did this purposely, or you have been hit by a bad bug, or somebody malicious has penetrated your account and done this to you,

Contact Now via Live Chat. The following link leads you to direct contact with Now:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-contact-now

Avoid ‘Get Help Quicker’ there; the Nowbot, while it means well, doesn’t know its own limitations, and it won’t help you once you get to this stage.

Live Chat should help you establish the circumstances of the deletion, be able to set up the payment details once more, and advise you of how to blow any intruders off your account, if that has been the issue, and prevent them returning.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Nitram15
Advocate

I received an email saying my details were deleted. None visible. Contacted via chat having tried twice to enter details. They haven't appeared. Chat eventually said details are there... we'll see. (said delete browser history- which I've done though I can't see that would make any difference, not like clearing the cache). No explanation of why deleted or by whom. 

AA
Advocate

Very strange.  If someone had logged into my account then I would have expected to receive the standard "We noticed that someone logged in to your NOW account from a new device recently, and we just wanted to make sure it was really you. If it was, you can ignore this email and carry on streaming!" message, which I didn't receive.

I have no reason to log in via the web as I typically watch via the app so I know I haven't fat-fingered it.  Just frustrating, that's all.  Unnecessary admin after a price increase.

/grinch