cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Paying for NOW

Why do you accept AmEx for your TV subscriptions but not for NOW Broadband?

Very inconsistent customer experience.

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

This is a customer forum. So the question saying “you” on here will have no meaning.

Best to call the broadband team to complain.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

How to submit your complaint:

• Give us a call on 08007591213 to speak directly to a NOW advisor.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-payment-methods-can-i-use

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  &  @gavs82008  for Info

Well GF

Gone Fishing.jpg

Gavs is perfectly right, that this is the wrong place to ask this type of question, but you must also appreciate that you are asking a question about NOW's internal policy, and they don't answer policy related questions.

Just understand the fact that they are under no obligation to accept all valid UK bank or credit cards.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The point was that the same company accepts AmEx for its TV service but not for broadband subscriptions. Just struck me as odd.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User @ukbobboy @gavs82008 a quick look around on line and I see that other service providers don't accept amex (some don't accept any credit cards) for broadband payments. BT do but charge extra (a percentage of your total bill).

My guess would be that, unlike the TV membership that is paid in advance and can be cancelled by Now if there's no funds, the broadband and calls are paid in arrears so it would be more difficult for Now to collect the debt if you failed to pay.

Now is a "budget" service and eliminating the need to collect debt keeps their costs down.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Saint1976    @Anonymous User  &  @gavs82008  for Info

You Know Saint

I agree with your post, especially your last sentence simply because it makes a lot of common sense.

However, my point is simply this, whether you are right or wrong NOW will never admit or acknowledge your point.  But as reasonable people of good will, we really don't need an official answer to confirm these things.

Anyway, peace

UK Bob