cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Password reset not working

Hi, someone that  I don’t know has been logging into my NOW account and buying sports passes. I’ve raised this with NOW and they’ve advised to add a PIN (which I have now done) and to reset my password. 

I’ve clicked the reset button, followed the email link but when I enter a password (10 characters: numbers + letters) nothing seems to happen. I’ve therefore unable unable to stop this person from watching on my account. 

Any ideas or help?

side rant: shame on you NOW for not notifying users when new devices log into your account. And for not having a mechanism to remove rogue devices. 

5 REPLIES 5
redchiz1
Champion 2

You can see any devices using your account at any time, NOW won't know they are "rogue" as you put it. It is your responsibility to control access to your account. 

Get back on to them and they can remove all and any devices currently in use and help you with your password issue, the easiest way is via Chat online here

RoyB
Legend

@redchiz1 

@Anonymous User would clearly like Now to start sending out those ‘Was this you?’ emails that we are bombarded with from Netflix, Google and eBay, to name just the three who contacted me recently, and the like.

Despite it being, as you say, entirely my responsibility to control access to these accounts, these companies seem to think it wise to offer this additional safeguard.

And the report of a Netflix logon from Norway was the only thing that told our son his Netflix account had been hacked…

@Anonymous User, the user option to delete rogue accounts hasn’t worked since Now changed its practices for account management. And we have reports that even Live Chat’s efforts don’t always work.

Can you please come back after getting Live Chat to try to clear your rogue, and tell us if it was successful or not?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. The live help was actually helpful - thanks for the link. they were able to reset my password (which the website wasn’t letting me do) and remove all devices from my account. 

In my case, someone was logged into my account and  was buying sports passes. I initially thought my son had done it by error on the iPad. But I asked customer services and they confirmed that they were coming from a “Samsung tv” to watch football games. There were another two unknown devices. Definitely not us!

I don’t mind getting a one-off email from a service every time a new device accesses the service. In my case it would have been helpful seeing a notification that 3 dodgy tvs were accessing my account. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

That’s odd - normally it’s easy to change your password, which works, and you can go through the remove all devices step, but that doesn’t actually work.

And changing your password doesn’t stop people on persistent Now apps, like the one on Samsung TVs from carrying on with your old password - which they may not even know.

Now you have had the clingons blown away (good to know that Live Chat can do that - thanks) and set a Payment PIN, you shouldn’t be troubled with any further rogues, but you might want to think how your security got breached.

Did you have Now on a Samsung TV, which you disposed of without factory resetting it first?

Or any other devices with Now on? As those other two unknown devices are worrying, and suggest that the rogues knew your password. And even though you have now changed it, you need to consider how you keep it private in the future; though the Payment PIN remains your second line of defence, as long as that is not breached.

You said sports passes; were they buying Day passes, rather than hitting you for the monthly pass? If so, that bespeaks a lack of imagination….

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It was odd. I would follow the link, enter a 10 digit password and nothing would happen when I clicked submit. I tried on several devices. The live chat person changed something and I was then able to do it. 

I’ve never logged into any devices which didn’t below to me, so I don’t know how my password was acquired. 

yes, the we’re buying day passes rather than monthly subscriptions. I did notice months ago that I somehow got subscribed to the Boost add on as a free trial. I was able to cancel this before being changed. At the time I thought i activated it myself…

anyway, my account should be secure now!