cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Passes on Apple TV

Why do my passes no longer, renew on my Apple TV i have all my tv subscriptions linked and renew thru my AppleID to keep all my personal information secure and to make keeping track of my finances simple , has something changed since iOS 14.5.1 with its new privacy settings , do I need to adjust something for now tv subscriptions to work 

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't know the reasoning but have a read of this :-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/movies-entertainment-sports-apple-tv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Not happy , i suspect its the new anti 3rd party app tracking prevention Apple have added to stop some companies farming out every single piece of personal information they can steal  from you phone and sell on for profit 

I specifically changed my membership payment method to go through my AppleID to avoid giving my personal details to several different companies 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If your ITunes NOW Pass is still active on your ITunes account, then if the passes are not currently playing on your Apple TV box would the message be "Sorry NOW TV is Currently Unavailable" ?

if so, are you using any third party Ad-blocking software on your Router such has Pi - Hole for example or are using a BT Hub Router ?

Or are you using the newest ATV 4K (generation 2 box) released this week ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just checked subscriptions and it states Discontinued 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No cant afford a new Apple TV box just yet , only hot this one in January 

using  a BT router and broadbrand and it worked fine up until today and i have not changed anything at my end 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you getting any error message or code from the Apple TV box ?

Or is it because your ITunes NOW passes have expired and discontinued ?

if the pass has finished, then if you want to continue with the NOW service you unfortunately have to create and sign up for a NOW account reading the link NOW article that i posted.

Don't think there is no way around it (unless you decide not to bother with NOW in the future).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No errors , i guess its because i can no linger subscribe thru itunes/appleID so i will just delete the app

i will not be giving my personal data to nowTV