cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Pass vanished!?

OMG! Panic! Change the alert lightbulb to red. Etc..

Misses-Me bought a 2 month pass from Currys as (weirdly) its cheaper than just buying two months online, and added the pass code into the system as normal.

Great.. two more months of watching her, watching stuff, thinks I.

Anyways, come this morning our existing entertainment pass ran out and guess what - no new pass took its place. The two months we had queued up have gone/vanished/jumped dimensions?

If there are any NowTV reps reading this, please re-instate my two months of entertainment telly. They were due to start today (14 June 2019).

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey Dunk

I'm not a Now TV rep, just a customer, but I got a question or two to ask.

1) When you put the new pass on your Now TV account, did you take a screen print of it? 

2) Do you still have the receipt for the purchase of your pass?

If the answer is "yes" to any of the above questions then you can contact Now TV  help chat and they will be more than willing to put your missing pass back into your account.

I know this to be true because the same thing happened to me, but because I had a screen print of my pass Help Chat restored it without any further questions.

However, if you have neither a receipt or screen print then you will find it difficult to prove that you purchased and applied a pass.  Simply put, without proof of purchase Now TV are under no obligation to restore your missing pass.

Anyway, good luck.

UK Bob

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey Dunk

I'm not a Now TV rep, just a customer, but I got a question or two to ask.

1) When you put the new pass on your Now TV account, did you take a screen print of it? 

2) Do you still have the receipt for the purchase of your pass?

If the answer is "yes" to any of the above questions then you can contact Now TV  help chat and they will be more than willing to put your missing pass back into your account.

I know this to be true because the same thing happened to me, but because I had a screen print of my pass Help Chat restored it without any further questions.

However, if you have neither a receipt or screen print then you will find it difficult to prove that you purchased and applied a pass.  Simply put, without proof of purchase Now TV are under no obligation to restore your missing pass.

Anyway, good luck.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nice to hear they're so accommodating. I do have a receipt though not with me at the moment... so I'll try that. Thanks.

I guess they'd have a log of the initial code acceptance anyway but given their customer base and the amount of systems involved its probably impractical of me to assume they can simply 'look it up'.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Well Dunk

Just to let you know, when a pass vanishes, as far as we know, it's vanished for good and without trace, and so cannot be looked up.

That's why, as a personal policy and to protect my scares resources, I always take a screen print of my accepted pass, so when and if this "vanishing pass problem occurs, i.e. hits me again" I am prepared.

UK Bob