cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Parental controls for apps such as vimeo in partic

Content on vimeo is unrated I understand that now tv can't police that but a while back now tv introduced a system whereby you would have to log in to view certain 'artistic' content that was inappropriate for children. I think since a recent build update that content is freely available again without logging in and is obviously inappropriate for anyone who has young children. The log in system does provide a certain safeguard could Now TV introduce this safeguard again?  Many thanks D

8 REPLIES 8
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

NOW TV only implement parental controls for their own content in the NOW TV app. I'm not familiar with how the Vimeo app handles content (although I suspect you might be referring to the Vevo app as this has more adult content than Vimeo) but any parental controls they had in place would have been provided by them, not NOW TV. So it might be best to content Vevo direct to suggest they look at implementing something for their Roku app (which is what NOW TV boxes use).

https://vevo.desk.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Anonymous User
Not applicable
No definitely Vimeo not Vevo thanks
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would like NOW TV to add a Parental Control setting which controls whether you need to enter the parental control PIN in order to install an app.

I removed both the Vevo and Box Plus music apps as my children could access videos with 'explicit' lyrics and content that I did not want them to view, but there is nothing to stop them re-adding an app.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi Chris

I doubt whether a PIN could be attached to individual apps but it could be attached to the Sky/Now TV apps store, that way no apps would be installable unless you could gain access to the app store.

You should ask the @NowTV-Team to put your idea in the "Ideas Section" of this forum.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks UK Bob.

My idea/request would be to add the control in the Apps store (not individual apps), so thanks for calling that out.  I propose that the new setting is added to the Parental controls section of an account (possibly in a new Apps Controls area).

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Chris, you edited your second post before I posted this one and so changed the entire thrust and meaning of what I was replying to.

So, I've now deleted my post because it now makes no sense.

Anyway, I now fully agree with your edited second post.

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

The idea you mention has been suggested before and you can find it in the Ideas Board here. If you want to show your support for it you can vote for it and leave a comment

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Ideas-for-NOW-TV/Channel-Store-PIN-request-for-NOW-TV-boxes/idi-p/398789