cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Overpayment and Exploitation by 'NOW'

I'm absolutely livid. Now added 'boost' and a 'cinema' membership to my subscription, and have been silently charging me a whopping £23.98 a month since February (9 months!) for a subscription I didn't even know I had. It is impossible to get the 'bot' to engage with me on this issue, and I cannot find an email address or phone number to complain with.

Even the membership cancellation section of the website is purposefully tricky to use - and that's for me, a relatively computer literate young person - imagine the difficult that old people or less computer literate people might face here. The 'My Account' section is a user interface designed to exploit the vulnerable, and a complete disgrace during the cost of living crisis. I want a refund. 

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Do a quick search on the forum and you’ll find endless threads which contain the email for support and also for speaking with staff via live chat. Not that bot.

Firstly I’d put a payment PIN on your account, so this can’t happen without your say so.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-pin-settings

For live chat you need to click “chat online” within the green box, don’t hit “get help quicker”. This is the bot.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Email address for support, see below picture.

D9E7CE0E-DB25-4941-B14A-27C116A204C1.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

There is a number, but reserved for broadband customers only. They will instantly direct you to live chat. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Boost plus Cinema does not add up to £23.98, so it looks like you have Entertainment also.

Did you not know you had that either?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.