cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HT
Advocate

Overcharged again

For the 2nd month in a row I've been overcharged for my broadband, despite having spoken to someone last month who assured me that it wouldn't happen this month and I would have a credit on the account.

I am supposed to be charged £20 pm  for broadband until July as part of a deal I signed up for last year. Since moving last to a new address last month I have been billed twice incorrectly.

I'm not impressed with the issue not being rectified as I was assured last month that it had been sorted with finance team and I would be charged the correct amount this month and a credit on my account for being overcharged last month.

What does a customer have to do in order for you to correct your mistakes! You've taken another £35 off my debit card today instead of £20. Not great service Now is it??

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@HT 

The ‘you’ you are talking to here are your fellow customers of Now. Nobody who can help you reads or answers here.

Keep calling the Broadband team until this is sorted for you.

And I hope you have better luck than we do, who have been asking Now for yonks to better set customer expectations of what the Community is for, preferably by actively diverting issues that only the Broadband Team or Live Chat can deal with directly to them, instead of letting those issues land here 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

I can understand your anger. If moving you should still be on you old contract, but sometimes if the contract is nearing it's end the ISP may require you to start a new one. However that should all be explained to you and how they can be changing £35 when a new starter is only £24 for the top package I don't know. 

Jayach_0-1681424036804.png

Have you tried loging into your Now account on-line to see what it says?

Fayl89
Observer

@HT I have had exactly the same thing happen to me. I am about 7 months into a 12 month contract and recently moved. Twice in a row since I've moved they have overcharged me by around £17. I'm furious and going to give them a call tomorrow. The service has been terrible and not even worth £21 let alone the £38 they are now charging! 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Fayl89 

Is FTTP not in your area? NOW can only offer FTTC which is very poor compared to FTTP. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help