cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Number of simultaneous NOW streams changing from July 2021?

I was browsing the NOW website and I saw in two sections that the number of devices you can watch NOW at the same time could be reducing from mid July 2021. This was in the terms and conditions for 'How NOW works'

"Register up to 6 compatible devices and watch on 2 at the same time (1 device from 15 July 2021) (3 if you have NOW Boost)."

It looks like NOW Boost will still increase that to three devices but Boost itself is increasing in price to £5 per month! 

The information about the number of devices changing is in the terms and conditions under the 'Sports Membership Offer'

https://www.nowtv.com/devices

More information about Boost is in the FAQ's below

https://www.nowtv.com/boost

It this is true then it will not be a popular change as I'm sure that many people watch on more than one device at a time and will be forced to pay £5 a month more for a Boost.

It would good if someone from NOW could come and confirm if and how this change is happening as the information about it on the NOW website does seem somewhat vague.

30 REPLIES 30
starman73
Elite

Better use my pair of sports day passes before 15 July while I still get 2 streams.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does this apply to the Sports membership too? I can only multi-stream if I pay an extra £5?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

The single stream applies for all memberships. If you want 3 streams then you have to get Boost.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don’t want three, was quite happy with the two (not a pop at you) for me and the boy.  It might only be another £5 on top of the the £34 I already pay for Sports membership but to me it’s just wrong.  Take away a benefit without reducing the price but then make you pay extra to get it back again.  Ok so you get more but I don’t want that more otherwise I would have paid for the Boost already.  Ah well, I’m rambling, looks like I won’t be watching any live sports anymore. Actually, Brucie Bonus, I can cancel my tv license now too 🙂

Thanks for the confirmation @gavs82008 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I completely agree, we use the two devices and now will be forced to have a degraded service of just one device or fork out another £5! We don’t want all the other gumf just leave our service as it is 😡

AlexB83
Scholar 2

@Anonymous User 

I have got sky sports through now tv for over 2 years and also have the entertainment and movies as well as boost. I think there was only one month where I paid full price for the entertainment pass and then that is it. It's so easy to get discounts etc 

starman73
Elite

It's so easy to get discounts etc 

Agreed, currently looking at 100% discount 😂

Thing is I have 11 months of sports vouchers and now get half the streams.  Easy £55 for Now TV I guess.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same for me, regularly have 2 streams in the house and until now hadn't seen anything about this changing. I will now be cancelling NowTV rather than paying the same for a degraded service, or more for a service that is more than i require.

starman73
Elite

I can have three separate accounts to get three streams.  

StevePNicolaW
Mentor

So, say I I'm away from home and rather than watch on the app on a tablet, I have a Chromecast with me.

Does casting from the app to a Chromecast still count as 2 devices?

If so, and I don't have boost, how do I then cast to the TV?