cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Enapace
Expert 2

Re: Number of simultaneous NOW streams changing from July 2021?

@Mark_Weinreb 

That makes a lot of sense and boosts the channel selection of the Entertainment pass guess it reduces the price for people with kids. Good move for the company won't matter to me.

Just saw they released the info to the Daily Express about them reducing Cinema Pass price and upping the price of Boost to £5 said about keeping price at £3 for existing members as well and they say that it will be ad free viewing and all Channels will be upgraded to 50FPS.

0 Thanks

There’s a summary of changes here…

https://help.nowtv.com/article/we-are-making-some-changes

0 Thanks
AlexB83
Scholar 2

I think the changes are fair enough to be honest. So basically the device limit will be gone to all intents and purposes? 

I would like to see them introduce a sort of ultimate package which includes sport, movies, entertainment and boost for a reduced rate. Or maybe a super boost which includes 4k HDR content 

0 Thanks
GazC
Observer

So is this change a shameless money grab?

We regularly have 2 streams at a time at the moment but from July I'll have to pay an extra £5?

The coverage in the press suggested that anyone with the entertainment and kids pass would get boost for free but I'm not seeing this on anything Now have posted??

GazC
Observer

Scrap the above!

Just had an email from Now.

So kids becomes part of entertainment and then they're adding boost for the price of the kids pass, so no change to the monthly bill!

BicBasher
Elite

I'm on a retention deal for Boost at the moment. so not affected, but the email I received from NOW today told me once it runs out, the new price will apply.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | NOW TV Smart Box 4K wired connected, Amazon Fire Stick 4K Wired, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Samsung Galaxy A50 (Android Pie), Fire Tablet (2018 edition), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
0 Thanks
starman73
Expert 3

So an extra £2 to get Sky Sports in HD and no 50fps on Arena or Action.  Bit of a bum deal.

0 Thanks
starman73
Expert 3

Better use my pair of sports day passes before 15 July while I still get 2 streams.

0 Thanks
Enapace
Expert 2

@starman73 

According to the information they gave the Daily Express all Sky Sports channels will be 50FPS next month.

0 Thanks
starman73
Expert 3

@Enapace with or without boost?  Will they be 50fps regardless?

0 Thanks