cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Number of simultaneous NOW streams changing from July 2021?

I was browsing the NOW website and I saw in two sections that the number of devices you can watch NOW at the same time could be reducing from mid July 2021. This was in the terms and conditions for 'How NOW works'

"Register up to 6 compatible devices and watch on 2 at the same time (1 device from 15 July 2021) (3 if you have NOW Boost)."

It looks like NOW Boost will still increase that to three devices but Boost itself is increasing in price to £5 per month! 

The information about the number of devices changing is in the terms and conditions under the 'Sports Membership Offer'

https://www.nowtv.com/devices

More information about Boost is in the FAQ's below

https://www.nowtv.com/boost

It this is true then it will not be a popular change as I'm sure that many people watch on more than one device at a time and will be forced to pay £5 a month more for a Boost.

It would good if someone from NOW could come and confirm if and how this change is happening as the information about it on the NOW website does seem somewhat vague.

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Mark_Weinreb 

That makes a lot of sense and boosts the channel selection of the Entertainment pass guess it reduces the price for people with kids. Good move for the company won't matter to me.

Just saw they released the info to the Daily Express about them reducing Cinema Pass price and upping the price of Boost to £5 said about keeping price at £3 for existing members as well and they say that it will be ad free viewing and all Channels will be upgraded to 50FPS.

There’s a summary of changes here…

https://help.nowtv.com/article/we-are-making-some-changes

AlexB83
Scholar 2

I think the changes are fair enough to be honest. So basically the device limit will be gone to all intents and purposes? 

I would like to see them introduce a sort of ultimate package which includes sport, movies, entertainment and boost for a reduced rate. Or maybe a super boost which includes 4k HDR content 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

So is this change a shameless money grab?

We regularly have 2 streams at a time at the moment but from July I'll have to pay an extra £5?

The coverage in the press suggested that anyone with the entertainment and kids pass would get boost for free but I'm not seeing this on anything Now have posted??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Scrap the above!

Just had an email from Now.

So kids becomes part of entertainment and then they're adding boost for the price of the kids pass, so no change to the monthly bill!

BicBasher
Elite

I'm on a retention deal for Boost at the moment. so not affected, but the email I received from NOW today told me once it runs out, the new price will apply.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
starman73
Elite

So an extra £2 to get Sky Sports in HD and no 50fps on Arena or Action.  Bit of a bum deal.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@starman73 

According to the information they gave the Daily Express all Sky Sports channels will be 50FPS next month.

starman73
Elite

@Anonymous User with or without boost?  Will they be 50fps regardless?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@starman73 

It requires Boost for 50FPS