cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Number of simultaneous NOW streams changing from July 2021?

I was browsing the NOW website and I saw in two sections that the number of devices you can watch NOW at the same time could be reducing from mid July 2021. This was in the terms and conditions for 'How NOW works'

"Register up to 6 compatible devices and watch on 2 at the same time (1 device from 15 July 2021) (3 if you have NOW Boost)."

It looks like NOW Boost will still increase that to three devices but Boost itself is increasing in price to £5 per month! 

The information about the number of devices changing is in the terms and conditions under the 'Sports Membership Offer'

https://www.nowtv.com/devices

More information about Boost is in the FAQ's below

https://www.nowtv.com/boost

It this is true then it will not be a popular change as I'm sure that many people watch on more than one device at a time and will be forced to pay £5 a month more for a Boost.

It would good if someone from NOW could come and confirm if and how this change is happening as the information about it on the NOW website does seem somewhat vague.

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous User
Not applicable

They are reducing the price of the cinema pass on July 15th to £9.99 as well none of it very well explained by NOW.

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User If you already have Boost, the monthly price will remain at £3, although some members may see £5 on their bills, it should still remain at £3.

Anyone taking out a Boost pass after today, will see the price rise next month.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Mark_Weinreb 

Where are you getting that information from may I ask?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I got the information from the Terms and conditions for NOW TV and also the Boost FAQ at the links I gave in my original post. I think this information needs to be made clearer by NOW.

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User As a super user (see the stars after my name), I get advance information.

Other than that, the only three words I can say are N. D. A.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Mark_Weinreb 

I understand that I just wish NOW would make the information far more clear then they do at times.

I'm guessing the information about 50FPS on all Sky Sports Channels is true ?

It appears the NOW Kids Pass has vanished suddenly as well.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the information. Have you any further information about any changes to the number of simultaneous streams from NOW?

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Other than 2/3 with boost changing to 1/3 with boost, I know of no other changes to the number of simultaneous streams.

There are other up-coming changes, but as they are not in the f.a.q. at present, I cannot possibly comment. If I did, I’d get reduced to the ranks, and dishonourably discharched. 

Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Don’t forget that the kid’s pass was originally part of the entertainment pass before it got spun off. So it just going back home.