cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Number of devices you are able to watch at the same time

Just been kicked out because too many people watching at once (only 2) logged in to see what’s going on , my plan details says only 1 stream allowed, since when; been a member for years and always allowed to stream 2 devices at any one time.

how are they just allowed to change the rules like this, and not even notify you first?

14 REPLIES 14
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Because it’s not a contracted service. Streaming services are allowed to make whatever changes they want whenever they choose to.

Not that we agree with the reduction, but there was plenty of indication when the changes would be implemented and what the changes were within your account section. As the changes took back in June it’s all moot now, if you want to retain the 2 or more streams then you’ll need to take out boost.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well that’s fine, only stayed these past 12 months because they keep offering me a discount to stay, £3.99 for the first 6 months and currently £6.99; this gives me the kick I needed to cancel 😀

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

For me I was never effected because I took out boost for 1080p and 5.1 sound. 

Plus I’m on a discount of £3 a month for boost.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Compared to other streaming services Nowtv offers poor value for money, 1080P and 5.1 sound doesn’t compare to Disney+ 4K / Dolby Vision & ATMOS, which only cost me £50 for the year, so I won’t be giving then any more of my money.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

When you compare full price NOW with most other streamers then yes the value of money isn’t great. 
However I’m paying £10 a month for boost, cinema and entertainment memberships. 

With Disney+ you don’t get live channels. 

Although I hate that NOW doesn’t have profiles.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You’re comparing apples with pears; it’s not the same programming.

Doesnt mean you can’t put a cap on your fruit budget though 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I wasn’t comparing the programming, I was however comparing the quality.

Nowtv are trying to force me to subscribe to their Boost by reducing the number of devices I can use simultaneously; they charge £5.00 for the Boost plus £9.99 for entertainment: Total £14.99, dearer that Netflix and Disney+.  

Nowtv only offer 1080P + 5.1, the competition are offering 4K, Dolby Atmos / Vision, plus I can watch on more devices at the same time. 

there is nothing on Nowtv I will miss so have no problem leaving.  

Understandably subscribers are happy to pay Nowtv’s prices, however you can’t deny they are getting a raw deal when you compare the image & sound quality with the competition.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You can’t compare NOW full prices with other services cause of the consistent discounts they offer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I paid £60 for a years Disney, even with your discounts you are still paying £120, so I can compare the two and say with confidence Nowtv customers are getting a raw deal.