cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Number of devices you are able to watch at the same time

Just been kicked out because too many people watching at once (only 2) logged in to see what’s going on , my plan details says only 1 stream allowed, since when; been a member for years and always allowed to stream 2 devices at any one time.

how are they just allowed to change the rules like this, and not even notify you first?

14 REPLIES 14
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Im paying £5 for Netflix the 4k package and even I don’t think that’s value for money. 

What Disney and Netflix both offer compared with NOW is different content. Yeah I agree pricing isn’t the best, but it’s all down to the content you want. 
For me with Peacock launching that will over time when they bring the full catalog they promised. It will also depend on the speed they can increase of brining NBC shows to Sky, because right now it’s pathetic and both are owned by Comcast so there’s no excuse not to do it.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
starman73
Elite

One thing that would help is if you could boot out whoever else is watching at the same time.  In the past you could remove the device manually, but nowadays that’s not possible and on chat today it was initially suggested I log out and in of all devices to remove the device that had the stream on having already reset the passwords and "forced" the log out.  Of course, the devices page is on the blink these days and shows as "undefined".  So I had no idea what device was using Now TV last.  Fortunately I got a device reset which rectified the issue.

RoyB
Legend

@starman73 

I just looked at my Devices page, and there are six devices listed there, each with a Last Used date and time.

So no ‘Undefined’. Maybe you need to reset whatever device you are looking at this page on, unless you have some other explanation for the difference?

I still take issue that I can’t rename my devices any more, so I have no idea which of the two LG TVs or the three Rokus is which, but at least I can still see all the devices, and know they are all mine,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Problem I have with devices is 5 people all using different devices at different times and them all swapping in and out of the device list, so no idea who used it last.  Finding out who is streaming at any particular time would involve a couple of phone calls and knocking hell out of my son’s door when he has headphones on.  In the past, with just 6 devices assigned, I could name them and see who was who.  And boot them out if I wanted to watch football 😁

Even with boost it can be an issue.  Perhaps Black Friday will have cinema & entertainment at 99p/month and I can give everyone their own account for Yule.

starman73
Elite

Use different accounts. One for Cinema and one for Entertainment.  Or 3 if you watch sport.  I don’t think anyone watches Hayu, but that could be a 4th and Sports Mobile can be a 5th.

That way you have a stream per membership per account.  I split Cinema and Entertainment and get Boost on one or the other for Sport.  So have 4 streams on two devices (Fire stick & Now Stick) and just switch the HDMI so I don’t have to log in and out.