cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv stole payments for 8 months from my husbands bank even though he didnt join

Watch these thieves
5 REPLIES 5
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi AP

Your post does not make any sense, you say money was taken from your hubby's bank account without him joining Now TV.  How would they get your hubby's bank account then?

It's quite possible that a so-called "trusted" friend or family member used your husband's bank details to fraudulently join Now TV without his knowledge.  

Either way, you and your hubby should report this to the police and get the bank to put a stop or suspend all bank payments until you get to the bottom of this.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It was Google autofil I think but now tv shouldn't have taken payments from an account with a different name to the one signing up for now tv .taking legal action against them
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User

Hi again AP

Google Autofill?  

It seems strange that an autofill process would have your, meaning your hubby, bank details, I know sometime back there were various applications indicating that  they could protect your financial details better than you could but I personally never trusted them.  The moment you hand over your "financial well being" to someone else then they are going to use it, i.e. spend your money whether you want them to or not.

Anyway, I wish you luck in getting your money back (don't forget to ask for punitive damages as well).

UK Bob

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User several people on here have set up accounts on behalf of partners and then run into issues when their relationships broke down. Was the account supposed to be in your name and against your card. Given however it was Google autofill you chose not to change the details. Has your husband found out and queried it with you? You have a duty of care to ensure you provide correct details.  

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers .they are nothing but thieves at sky and now tv as in addition to unauthorised payments they have also made it impossible to close the account.c####nts