cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nowtv pass not working

Hi,  I contatced customer service but was told to take my voucher back to the shop I got it from.  Unfortunately it came with a box which is gone and the nowtv box was given to a family member.

I bought a box and pass from shopto (managed to find the receipt).  I went to apply the unused voucher.  I scratched off the number and entered it in to nowtv on a roku box.  It all appeared to have gone alright.

I then received an email telling me that nowtv couldn't take payment.  I looged into nowtv on my desktop and could see you had my old card details and the voucher was not added.  I contacted customer service to say please don't charge me and gave them my voucher number.  I got the response that the number was unrecognised and that I should return the voucher to the shop I bought it from.  Is this really the correct route I need to take?

I was charged which is a bit annoying as I applied the code in time.  What should I do?  Will a shop really accept that I haven't used the voucher already?

Robert

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.

@4268  I just went over to the My Passes section and the pass is now accepted.  So it has gone from being a unrecognised code to a recognised one.

Something odd going on with it seeming to go through on the roku box (with no error message) and then not going through and all the rest.  I shall contact customer support to tell them and get a refund.

Thanks for your support.

Robert

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User did you try updating the card details?
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I did update the details but the number still wasn't accepted.  The Customer service agent says there is no such number but it comes from a genuine box that was closed and the card was newly scratched.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @4268

Hi Rabb

I can't give you a direct answer but I have a couple of suggestions that may help in the future.

1) Whenever you have a new pass/voucher to add to your account, make sure that you add it no later than 5 days before your current pass ends.

It's not a hard and fast rule but it does work, I usually add my passes within the 25 - 15 days before my current pass ends, I call this the "sweet spot".

2) Whenever you buy a new pass, or get one free in box, always immediately check with Now TV help chat that the pass is valid, that way you can get back to the retailer, if the pass is invalid or not activated, or work something out with Now TV, if possible. 

Hope this helps.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.

@4268  I just went over to the My Passes section and the pass is now accepted.  So it has gone from being a unrecognised code to a recognised one.

Something odd going on with it seeming to go through on the roku box (with no error message) and then not going through and all the rest.  I shall contact customer support to tell them and get a refund.

Thanks for your support.

Robert

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@4268 @ukbobboy  I spoke too soon and after clicking apply voucher and being successful, I explained what had happened to customer service and then got a reply telling me there was no pass applied.  I logged in and lo and behold, there was no voucher.

Have applied successfully again and recorded the evidence this time.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. I purchased a 3 month Cinema pass from Currys. On inputting the code the error message "sorry something went wrong. This could be because there is an issue with your payment details. To check and update your card, head to payment details". I initially contacted Now TV via LiveChat where the operative said someone would get in touch. 4 days later, nothing. I then spent 45 mins on hold to Now Tv, only to be advised to return the card to the store I purchased it from. Did that. New pass, same error message. I double checked my payment details - all ok. Now TV's customer service department is woeful. Purchased an Entertainment pass at the same time which was accepted with no issues. Can anyone help as getting frustrated!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I play my nowtv on my Xbox I have been connected on my hotspot and it all worked fine I have recently got nowtv internet and now the nowtv won't play the programs I have disconnected and ran it on my hot spot and it works fine again is this a now tv internet problem