cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jayfn
Mentor

NowTV Cancellation- If you cancel today, you'll lose your special discounted rate

I have a 6month Sports Package at £21 discounted from £34.99/mon.I was thinking of cancelling, ….and when I follow procedure I see the following comment ‘If you cancel today, you'll lose your special discounted rate’.
What does this mean if I cancel mid term?….Will my payments stop immediately,and will I then have to pay extra for the months of discounted use?

Or..do I have to continue to pay to end of 6month period at discounted price and then loose discount if I continue further?…..which is what I thought would have happened if I’d not cancelled!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
redchiz1
Champion 2

@Jayfn 

It means that your Membership and discount will stop when  your next monthly payment is due. If you want to continue using the service until the discount period expires then don't cancel until you are in the last month. 

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
redchiz1
Champion 2

@Jayfn 

It means that your Membership and discount will stop when  your next monthly payment is due. If you want to continue using the service until the discount period expires then don't cancel until you are in the last month. 

Jayfn
Mentor

@redchiz1 

Thank you…so if I cancel now,ALL payments will cease after next payment…

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jayfn 

Unless it states 6 month minimum term you wont pay anymore if you cancel. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayfn
Mentor

@gavs82008 

if it is a 6month minimum term I presume it won’t allow me to cancel!….and yet when I click ‘cancel’ it states If you cancel today, you'll lose your special discounted rate’……that’s the confusing bit?

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Jayfn 

If it was a 6 month minimum term then it wouldn't allow you to cancel immediately. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Jayfn 

To echo what @redchiz1 says, the 6 month minimum term locks you in and if you try to cancel you will be left paying until the 6 months are up.

Sounds like you just got a standard 6 month discounted offer. Which allows you to cancel whenever you want and if you cancel within then you lose out the discounted rate. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Jayfn
Mentor

@gavs82008 

is it possible that if I cancel I will have to continue paying monthly to termination date but because I cancel I will not have anymore viewing time…which seems odd!

RoyB
Legend

@Jayfn 

As above, that situation can’t happen, as it won’t let you cancel a minimum term membership until the last month of that term.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Jayfn 

In addition to the above, note that if you cancel, but change your mind before what would be the next renewal date, you can Uncancel and resume at the offer price again.

This option only expires at what would have been the next renewal date,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.