cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now Tv not letting me cancel passes

So I took up the free week trail. Tried to cancel the passes on the day before, but was unable to and then spoke to customer service online, who informed me that I don't have any active passes on my account so there is nothing cancel. However, today to my shock I have been charged by NOW TV for the passes I had been informed that have been cancelled. Today they have told me that they cannot refund me, as I agreed to the terms..... I don't think I agreed to the term of you lie to me and tell me that I don't have anything to cancel and then get charged. This is very disrespectful and I would also so deceiving of NOW TV. I have also had TV streaming service with both Netflix and Prime and never have I had this issue where their customer service just lie to me and when I have had an issue they have solved it very quickly. Whereas right now I am on talking to customer services again as it still not cancelled. Not sure how you are you are to get out of something that appears impossible to cancel. And yet they will not refund me for something that was not my fault.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

When NowTV start the payment process, you can’t Cancel while this takes place. It can take up to 24 hours, and often starts the day before the payment date, and it looks like you fell foul of this.

Cancelling a free trial is something you should do as soon as you know this is what you want to do, and anyway, before the sixth day, just to be safe.

Though no-one tells you this until it is too late Smiley Sad

It also looks as though the Live Chat people don’t have visibility of these aspects of your account as you transition from free trial to paying customer. something NowTV could perhaps improve.

But now you are a fully fledged paying customer, however unwillingly, go back to Live Chat and try again. They should now be able to see that you have paid for, but not used, your current Passes, Cancel them, and reimburse you.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

When NowTV start the payment process, you can’t Cancel while this takes place. It can take up to 24 hours, and often starts the day before the payment date, and it looks like you fell foul of this.

Cancelling a free trial is something you should do as soon as you know this is what you want to do, and anyway, before the sixth day, just to be safe.

Though no-one tells you this until it is too late Smiley Sad

It also looks as though the Live Chat people don’t have visibility of these aspects of your account as you transition from free trial to paying customer. something NowTV could perhaps improve.

But now you are a fully fledged paying customer, however unwillingly, go back to Live Chat and try again. They should now be able to see that you have paid for, but not used, your current Passes, Cancel them, and reimburse you.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have tried to cancel my movie pass for 5 months, even had them do it on live chat and they still take the money every  month, how do i contact somekne in the UK to get the money back and cancel this ? 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Go to My Account/Bills & payments.

Do you see this monthly charge recorded there?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ring your bank and explain the situation and ask them to stop the payments. That's what I'm going to do. Appalling company.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am trying to cancel my Movies pass before it runs out of the 7 day free trial but despite trying on my phone and then my laptop on both Chrome and Internet Explorer, the passes page just comes up as html and therefore I am unable to cancel. Convenient that that is the only page that won't display!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly the same for us, and impossible to get hold of anyone to resolve it, it's a nightmare! If you find any solution to this beyond cancelling the mandate, please post it and share!

Kind regards

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You still have the problem of the page coming up in raw HTML?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

trying to cancel my pass but passes and cancellation page wont load or says nowTV is busy try again later? This has been happening for months. 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

What device(s) is/are this repeated inability to cancel happening on?