cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV sport offer

Hi @ 

so NowTV have an offer for sports where it 40% off which comes down to around £20 per month great saving but when you look into it you have to pay a lump sum, why 🤦🏻‍♂️

Is there a cheaper way of watching sport on now tv. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

We are not currently recommending anything other than deals from NowTV themselves,or proper printed passes with the price, albeit discounted, on them, from Curry’s, Argos, and other legitimate outlets.

There are various economic models at play here; any NowTV discounted offer will have a lock-in for more than a month, and/or an upfront payment that helps NowTV’s cash flow.

As do the Curry’s and Argos Vouchers,  where NowTV can unload them in bulk for payment in advance, and thus afford to give the retailers a margin as well as the customers a discount.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable

One option is to sub at full price for one month, cancel before your month is up and hope you get an offer. They usually BUT NOT always do offers of £20 for multiple months to keep you. One word of CAUTION, this would be a gamble as to whether you would get an offer or not.

Another option is buying vouchers from Currys or Argos at £25 for a months sport. You can buy them online (and instore if available).

@schnappsmay be aware of cheaper options?!?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

You could gamble on paying full price for your first month, cancelling before the end of that month, then seeing what offers may be made to you. £20 per month would be the norm IF an offer is made at all.

Another option is going via Currys/Argos and picking up some one month vouchers for £25. You can also buy them online.

@schnappssometimes would be aware of deals out here in the real world 😀

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

We are not currently recommending anything other than deals from NowTV themselves,or proper printed passes with the price, albeit discounted, on them, from Curry’s, Argos, and other legitimate outlets.

There are various economic models at play here; any NowTV discounted offer will have a lock-in for more than a month, and/or an upfront payment that helps NowTV’s cash flow.

As do the Curry’s and Argos Vouchers,  where NowTV can unload them in bulk for payment in advance, and thus afford to give the retailers a margin as well as the customers a discount.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB 

Just to clarify, you mention "We are not.....", who is this Royal "We"? Are we to take it you are now a NowTV/Sky employee? If so, good luck in your new job, but you should get them to give you an official 'title' under your username so we all know that in future 😀

I don't know why you tagged me in your post because I said the exact same as you did, that being advising the OP they could buy passes from Argos or Currys either instore or online. Maybe you could explain what you were trying to correct me on as I don't see my advice from being any different than yours and I don't appreciate anyone correcting me when it is totally uncalled for.

RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

You suggested @schnapps might know about cheaper deals, but he hadn’t replied here in a while, so I covered the point (hence the Roy-al ‘we’), and included you as you had mentioned this.

And I was reinforcing everything else you said, not correcting it, as it was all good stuff.

So very sorry if you felt miffed, and see the third line of my sig; my wrist is duly slapped for lack of clarity ☹️

And no, I haven’t joined NowTV, but the three stars that now appear after my name do indicate a slight elevation, roughly equivalent to Milk Monitor back in my school days.....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@RoyB 

Maybe you should have made it clear it was the remark about @schnapps that you were referring to. Your post felt more like a rebuke and didn't go down at all well. Now that you've explained what you meant it suddenly makes a lot more sense. Lessons to be learnt all round 😀

The_Milk_Monitor_grande.jpg