cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mentor

Now TV signed me up to a pass I didn't ask for.

Hi all,

I just had an email come through with a receipt for a 7 day Cinema pass. The issue is that I didn't sign up for it, Now TV seems to have done so automatically. This is an extremely dubious practice and certainly against my consumer rights, maybe even illegal.

I'll investigate the latter and if it is an illegal, I'll be reporting Now TV to Ofcom.

Paul

0 Thanks
10 Replies
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: Now TV signed me up to a pass I didn't ask for.

@youngsyp 

Check to see if there are no other accounts using the same payment info.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/find-an-account

Fill this form out. In the comments section best to add in further detail of the situation.

https://account.nowtv.com/payments/query/incorrect-charge

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Thanks.

The incorrect charge form process is great. I completed it and the reference number is "%{caseNumber}". Really useful Now TV.

Paul

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@youngsyp 

Is this email from NowTV?

Is there really a 7 day Cinema Pass added to your NowTV account?

If there is, please look in Passes & vouchers to see if it terminates clean after 7 days, or if it is showing a to-be-paid-for renewal after that date?

And let us know.....

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

@RoyB 

Yes.

Yes.

Did this immediately on reading the email, from Now TV. The pass was there and I didn't manually cancel the subscription, I would have been charged each month from then onward. Hence my comment about it being a dubious practice.

Paul

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@youngsyp 

‘Dubious’ is something I regard as rather a large understatement in these circumstances.

I will see if I can get it investigated for you, as such a thing should never happen.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

@RoyB 

Thank you.

I'll point out that I'm the only person in my household with access to the Now TV account and that the Sky Cinema Pass was activated at 6.48am, on 25th June (thanks Now TV support for that snippet). I would have been entertaining my 2 year old son at that time, and no where near a device that would allow me to perform such a task.

Paul

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Mentor

Oh and I have a reference number for the ticket I raised now. It's: 07380794.

Paul

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Champion 2

@youngsyp  @RoyB  @gavs82008 

Hi Paul

Can I ask you just one question?

When the Cinema pass was auto started for you (without your permission), did you have any other live passes that you personally added in your account?

I ask this because there is a feeling that Now TV customers without live passes in there accounts are being "helped" (sarcastically said) by Now TV starting passes on those passless customers behalf. And as you know, those auto-started passes turn into monthly subscriptions.

Also, if you had not spotted that email or, like many others, not even seen it, you would be paying a monthly subscription that you knew nothing about, quite possibly for a long time.

You've proved that vigilance pays.

UK Bob 

Highlighted
Mentor

@ukbobboy 

Hi,

I had a Boost and Entertainment pass active at the time, and still do.

I was diddled out of a 1 month free Entertainment pass, when I activated a Now TV Stick. So this isn't the first time I've had a poor experience with Now TV.

Paul