cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SamB3711
Mentor

Now TV have tried to take payment from me THREE times and my only option is to talk to a BOT?

Now TV have attempted to take payment from me THREE times, Fortunately as I always move money over to my saver, there was no money for them to take it except for the first payment I initiated, but when I call the "Now TV" "Helpline" I only get through to Broadband who tell me there is no one available to discuss Now TV. It would have been nice to tell be that BEFORE they left me in the queue. Apparently my ONLY OPTION to try and resolve this is to chat to a bot! I don't even know for sure it was NOW TV attempting to take the payment. For all I know it could have been a fraudulent attempt to take money from my account and that's the only help available? A bot!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
redchiz1
Champion 2

To avoid the bot click the green Chat online button near the top of the page here, that wil get you through to a real person. They won't respond on here. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
redchiz1
Champion 2

To avoid the bot click the green Chat online button near the top of the page here, that wil get you through to a real person. They won't respond on here. 

SamB3711
Mentor

Thanks. Finally! 

SamB3711
Mentor

I spoke to the chat and they refused to acknowledge the second account exists or provide me with a number or email to make a complaint. I am logged into both accounts and the bank has confirmed Now tried to draw money on the second account today, when I already paid on the first account yesterday, but they literally said it doesn't exist 13 times over when I'm logged into it!

RoyB
Legend

@SamB3711 

If you are trying to pull the prepaid card stunt by making minimum payments when you think you need to, then you are in a world of hurt, and will remain so.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
SamB3711
Mentor

Wow. Just wow. I think I'd rather get help from a bot if this is community "support". I've paid the full amount and I've always paid the full amount, but since my google account was compromised (which I've since deleted because changing the password didn't help) they keep trying to take it again and the only reason they haven't succeeded in doing so is because I moved money from my current to my savers because Discovery + did the same thing the day before and succeeded. Discovery are refunding now and deleted the duplicate account, but I obviously want to know why this is still happening when Norton have assured me my account is secure. I have to say after two weeks solid of trying to sort out multiple issues as a result of being hacked, your response is a real kick in the teeth at the end of two horrendous weeks. What a horrible, horrible person you are.

RoyB
Legend

@SamB3711 

Ah, I wish you had said that earlier, clarifying why you were pulling funds back, as this usually leads to the sort of thing you were describing, Now making several attempts to obtain payment not because of multiple accounts, but simply because the first try failed, so they try again, as this is what they do rather than cut you off.

But your reasons do seem quite different; and the world of hurt you reveal yourself to be in, for which you have my sympathy, makes my well-meant warning about the world of hurt that throttling prepaid cards can get you into, utterly pale into insignificance 😱

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.