cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Sky Store not on LG TV

Hi,

I have been asked on the Sky Store Forum to post this on the Now TV one as I'm more likely to get the answer here. Here is the post...

"I recently signed up to Sky Q and had previously signed up to Now TV (though never used it and never will.) I created a Sky Store account and linked it to my Sky ID and all was fine. Just one little thing I can't seem to work out though not a big deal. My Sky Store account has a Username within my details (like my name etc.) That Username is the same as my Now TV Username, why is this? I've spoken to someone online who has apparantly unlinked the two accounts. I'm just curious as to why the Username has transferred over and whether it makes much difference? I don't want my old Now TV account linked in any way what so ever."

Also is there anyway to totally close my Now TV account? I really just do not want the account. As the Username had transfered over to Sky Store there seems to be some link between the two? Totally confused Smiley Frustrated

6 REPLIES 6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User if you go to www.sky.com and sign in you can see if you have additional users set up.  What may have happened is the Now account was set up first and then your Sky Q account is now an additional user.  Have a look then post back.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

It's nothing to do with my actual Sky account. It's almost like I had a Now TV account I didn't use with my email address, but when I opened a Sky Store account using the same email has linked the two together. Everything works fine just not sure why I have the same username for my Sky Store that I have for my Now TV. It's transferred across. Smiley Frustrated

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Sky IDs were a nightmare in the past when moving back and forth between Sky services (they're a bit better now but still an annoyance). It's over-complicated but basically once upon a time Sky invented Sky IDs and you had to choose a username (they now just require an email address) and when signing up to NOW TV in the past you had to use a Sky ID (they no longer do this) so when signing up to NOW TV the username from the Sky ID is associated with your NOW TV account. Sky Store do the same so by using the same email address to sign up to Sky Store the backend system will recognise the Sky ID username associated with this. All three services now encourage you to sign in with email not usernames so you would be used to doing this and might not realise there was a username associated with the email address. However, whilst they 'shared' the same Sky ID the services act independently and cancelling one doesn't affect the other. To make matters even more complicated NOW TV have now disassociated from the Sky ID system and so even though you can login with the same username as your Sky Store account, if you change the password on one it is no longer reflected in the other, to all intents and purposes they are completely separate. 

To cut a long story short nothing will happen to Sky Store if you deactivate your NOW TV account and there's nothing to worry about noticing the username in there, it's just a legacy issue. Have a word with live chat if you want to 'deactivate' your NOW TV account. To get to live chat, go to the following help page and choose the live chat option.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/how-do-i-cancel-now-tv

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Andy

Wow thanks! Very informative and way more explained than anyone has been able to so far. It's so long winded. I kind of guessed it wouldn't be an actual issue, just the username I once picked I don't like and it now shows on my Sky Store account. I'll live with it though. One other thing that's baffled me and I think you touched on this in that last part... When I go to log into my Now TV account I have to use my Username as it will not accept my email address. Even though when I log in my email address is clearly there under my details. It forced me to use the Username associated with that account and the one that shows in Sky Store now. Strange Smiley Frustrated

I guess that if it won't actually make any difference to  how I use my services I should just forget about it. As for deactivating?? What exactly does this entail? I've tried asking them before and they seem not to want to and keep telling me my account is inactive. I know it's inactive as I don't buy passes. Does deactivate mean totally delete? Or does it mean a bit like deactivate in the Facebook sense? Like if I log back in it will reactivate?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Don't know why you can't sign in with your email address, it should work and works for me - did you check which email address they have on record on your My Account > Account Details page? There was an issue with YouView boxes where you had to remove the '@....' part of email address to sign in but this shouldn't apply to anything else. 

With regards deactivating I've not tried it myself, but looking at what others have said yep I suspect it's the latter.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah I only have one email address and it's the one that shows in the my deatils part of my account. When I try to log in with email and password says incorrect details. If I use the username it logs in. I spoke to online chat and asked to deacivate my account. However to respond to this I logged into my account and can still log in. So not sure what their idea of deactivate means if I can still log in lol. Anyway I give up I'll just leave it as it is. I just prefer to totally close account with any details of me on them if I am not gonna use them anymore.