cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nothing debited since June

I just checked my account for the first time- I thought everything was running smoothly since I joined in May. My bank account confirms that no DD has been taken and the Now TV website confirms that no payments are due and no payments have been made. The connection was messed up and I was supposed to get compensation payment but no trace of any transactions at all. I am terrified I will be billed for the arrears in a lump. I am on benefits and the doubling of my energy bills next month will leave me less than 3O pounds a week . I am on JSA, and did not get the uplift payment so have had 1500 pound less than other people in identical circumstances over the pandemic. My problem is I trusted Now TV to get it right and they didn't . Looking at the forum it seems that the company is not the one I should have gone with. Will Now TV punish me for their mistake? I don't want something for nothing but I can't cope with the arrears. I have applied to a food bank. At 63 I am seriously considering begging

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Assuming you are a broadband customers? If so give the broadband team a call to see what can be done. Number in my signature below. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks. I am just afraid they will simply debit the arrears. Then I am beggard. I don’t know how accommodating nowtv are but they don’t seem very competent.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If I were you, keep pestering daily until its resolved. Nothing worse than worrying over something which should just be automatic. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I spoke today but they will let me know at the weekend. The implication was that I should not have trusted them to set up a simple direct debit and it's my fault for not supervising the transaction closely. Why do I have to wait? I will pay the arrears, just be flexible because I am in poverty.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, I pestered today because it's unacceptable to be kept hanging. After insisting and bringing my mental health issues up ,  I actually got put through to Molly in the appropriate "team" this time , who still could not resolve the situation ( Yes, I had to go that far to get  connected- dear God!). She could not understand why my payments have not been debited and committed to ringing me on Tuesday next. For my part, I do not understand why Octopus has to find out how they messed up before attending to the victim of their incompetence. 💩

redchiz1
Champion 2

I am so sorry to read about your current circumstances. But I am a wee bit puzzled on a couple of counts.

First, NOW do not and never have operated Direct Debits for payment, it is recurring card payments only.

Second, you mentioned Octopus? We can't help you here with them I'm afraid. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes! I don’t know the difference between direct debit and whatever it is. If I’m correct both mean someone else can help themselves to your money, right ? Octopus has absolutely nothing to with Now TV but were on my mind at the time as energy bills are another stress.

Bear in mind I am old, from a generation who paid our bills personally to humans at the Gas Board, Electricity Board and the GPO for a fixed non profit price in CASH from our wage packets. Not electronic-transactions to a selection from dozens of incompetent here today, gone tomorrow Thatcherite profiteers. Remotely operating utility pimps who are literally driving me mad with their multitude of incomprehensible tariff variations and rates. Screwing thousands of other confused elderly people who, like me, can’t keep up with what is amusingly called “progress “.
Thanks for pointing out my errors!

##- Please type yourreply above this line -##

Sent from my iPhone
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Last week I discovered that NowTV had not taken any payment for services for 8 months. I had set up broadband and phone in good faith and not checked my account or bank account. My services ran OK and I had no reason to suspect anything. However I got to check my account last week and found that I have paid nothing and owe nothing. 

I rang up and was initially told not to worry about paying my arrears, but then told I might be in breach of contract!!!. The blame was also put on me for not supervising them closely enough! I want to pay but my circumstances (I have the criteria and am now accepted at the local food bank). I only have phone and internet which are now essential. I was put in contact with "Molly" who would not give me any assurances about affordable payments but told me that that the reasons for their error had to be ascertained first. Although I am deeply worried about paying an unexpected debt, NowTV makes me wait whilst they find out how THEY made an error. Molly could not get an answer from the appropriate "team" but told me she would have an answer and would let me know the following Tuesday. She rang yesterday but she still had heard nothing from the team. She tried to contact them again but after an hour threw in the towel and simply told me that NowTV would get back to me. I learned the following from her in that hour.

1. NowTV have appalling customer service.

2. NowTV will not offer reassurances about making affordable payments even if the error is theirs.

3. NowTV  appear to have no policies regarding customer welfare and mental health issues. Molly thought they had but could not find anything regarding vulnerable customers. What about "Duty of Care"?

4. You CANNOT speak to a supervisor! That's right! It's actually policy!

5. NowTV record conversations but will not allow customers access to that record. What about the Data Protection Act?

6. It is not possible to contact your agent directly by phone. If they drop the dialogue you are back to square one with another agent.

I asked Molly to email me with a précis of our conversation which she promised but I have heard nothing so far, just an automatic email telling me the case is closed, and another telling me that NowTV will "be in touch". So they leave me to hang. Again. Not only is this incompetent, it is cruel. I would go further and say NowTV is abusive

Whilst I have mental health issues, I speak English, am reasonably articulate and do not have a condition such as dementia

Ironically, NowTV have two additional customers because of  recommendations I made before they messed up. Well, messed up up AGAIN because the connection process was messed up and I was supposedly credited as compensation!