cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Noob

I've just finished the set up and everything's fine but I wanted to know; after the months trial of free sky sports does it just stop or do I have to cancel the subscription ? I had to give my card details and I'm worried they'll just take it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User after any free trial period for passes (sport, entertainment, movies or kids) you will be auto renewed ie they take payment every month.

If you don't want to continue with nowtv's services, it's best to cancel several working days before your expiry date as they may start the payment process with a few days remaining.

Incidentally, and I'm happy to be corrected, but I'm not aware of any free month sports trials. You may have had a free 1 day pass pre-loaded on the stick and some older boxes had a week but there's never been a free month so you may want to double check.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User after any free trial period for passes (sport, entertainment, movies or kids) you will be auto renewed ie they take payment every month.

If you don't want to continue with nowtv's services, it's best to cancel several working days before your expiry date as they may start the payment process with a few days remaining.

Incidentally, and I'm happy to be corrected, but I'm not aware of any free month sports trials. You may have had a free 1 day pass pre-loaded on the stick and some older boxes had a week but there's never been a free month so you may want to double check.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the advice, I did wonder if it was automatic, I'll keep my eye on it.

The free months sports package is available from B&M for twenty quid, I got

mine yesterday, there's also a cinema and an entertainment option.

Thanks again for the advice.

Regards

Brian

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well spotted - although  NowTV make this clear enough on their website, you may never have looked at this, and I see no clue on B&M’s site that this potentially starts a continuing subscription.

Hopefully though, this is described on or in the box - or even better, mentioned as you sign up?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Actually, I was unfair to B&M who do say:-

https://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/now-tv-smart-box-with-1-month-entertainment-sky-cinema-kids-and-sky-sports-day-pass-334346

NOW TV passes automatically renew at the end of 1 month unless cancelled. Wireless broadband (minimum speed 2.5 Mbps) required. NOW TV streams in 720p.

Whereas NowTV cover this, before you open the packaging, as:-

376154F5-49C1-4133-84E6-7E5CFE398F93.jpeg

In the white on yellow. Couldn’t be clearer, really, could it?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.