cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No option to buy Sky Sports Pass

Hi there,

First time Now TV user here, our Sky dish is dead and it's a two week wait for an engineer so we've got a Now TV stick in the mean time.

The issue I have is that I am currently using the one day Sky Sports pass and I want to purchase the Month pass but it's not coming up as listed. The only Sky Sports pass showing is the mobile one which I don't need.

There's another 4 hours on the one day pass and no option to cancel it, in case that would make a difference.

Am I missing something here?

Many thanks,

Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Until the one day pass has finished, you won't see the option to buy either another day, week or month sports pass.

Also there is no need to cancel a day or week sports pass because they are self cancelling (hence the reason you can't see the cancel button next to your day sports pass).

The mobile sports pass is different, where you can buy and run the mobile pass at the same time has one of the full blown sports passes.

Pop back once your day sports pass has finished and you should find there will be an option to buy another sports pass on your account.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Until the one day pass has finished, you won't see the option to buy either another day, week or month sports pass.

Also there is no need to cancel a day or week sports pass because they are self cancelling (hence the reason you can't see the cancel button next to your day sports pass).

The mobile sports pass is different, where you can buy and run the mobile pass at the same time has one of the full blown sports passes.

Pop back once your day sports pass has finished and you should find there will be an option to buy another sports pass on your account.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks schnapps,

I was going by their helpful faq:

"Can I buy a Sky Sports Day or Week Pass now and save it for later?

Yes, once you've bought your Pass you'll be given a choice to Start watching now or Save for later."

I guess that's not true in all cases.

I'm actually going to be out when the Sky Sports expires and just wanted to have it ready rather than keep track of it. Seems a rather antiquated set up but what do I know. 🙂

Thanks again,

Peter

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

With a one day or one week sports pass you can save on your account for about 365 days if you wish.

What the now tv system doesn't allow is to have two sports passes on your account at the same time (either saved or active) unless it is a Mobile Sports pass with another full blown sports pass.

If you are going to buy a further one month sports pass (once your day pass has finished) then look at buying the one month £16.99 Christmas deal offer via the nowtv offers webpage linked below.

https://w ww.nowtv.com/offers 

Once your day pass is up, you should be eligible for the £16.99 one month offer.

Just be aware that NowTV month passes are not automatically self cancelling and you need to cancel the one month pass yourself if you don't want to continue with the service in the future.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great advice and thanks for the link.

I plan to use Tesco clubcard vouchers to make the offer even cheaper. I should be able to get my head around that. 🙂

Regards,

Peter

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

There is an exception for the rule of stacking sports passes on your account, but involves using the electronic vouchers that comes bundled with the stick or boxes (but the rules gets a little complicated unless you know what existing sports passes and the duration left on the passes to unable to stack the vouchers).

Where there is no point confusing matters on here about the vouchers that comes bundled with the nowtv stick or box because this doesn't really effect you in this particular case. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You should be able to use your Tesco Clubcard credit when taking up the £16.99 offer 😀.

If you encounter any problems after you one day sports pass has expired later on today, then pop over to live chat for assistance & help if for some reason you can't buy the £16.99 offer or it won't allow you to use your Tesco Clubcard credit.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

this is the 2nd time av payed the 2nd time av received nothing av payed for 3 games today

make sure the liverpool game is on I have never used anything online as difficult as now tv