Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richardvc
Mentor

New stick and Currys Pass.... Any tips

Good Morning,

First post on here....

I've just bought a Stick with a three month Sports Pass from Currys to get me started and have some questions...

1. My brother wanted to buy me a pass as a birthday present, can I repeatedly use passes from Currys etc ?

If so, any tips on how to do it successfully ?

2. Can I get the stick up and running without using the pass or are they coupled together ?

3. I'm a Sky Sports refugee, as I am sure loads of you are. What's the best way to go about using Now TV ?

TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Richardvc 

1. No problem using NowTV Gift Cards from places like Currys etc, where if you have an active running pass then you need less than 30 days remaining before you are allowed to apply the Voucher Code from the silver scratch panel on the back of the Gift Card.

Should you have no active pass of the same type running on your account has the NowTV Gift Card that you have purchased then once you apply the Voucher Code it should start straight away.

With a NowTV Gift Card purchased physically from a Store such has Currys make sure you are also given a paper activation receipt at the Sales Till together with the NowTV Gift Card.

2. I am not sure with the 3 month Sports Pass voucher bundled with the Stick if the pass on the Stick starts straight away (once you setup the Stick) if you haven't got an existing sports pass currently active running on your account with more than 30 days remaining.

I have seen people report that with the one month sports pass that came with the Stick if they haven't got an active sports pass the pass started immediately once the Stick is setup or on the next due scheduled payment date if you have an active sports pass that has less than 30 days left on your account.

3. Once you start a Sports Pass try and cancel it with a couple of days left to see if you are offered a discounted retention deal to stay, which might work out cheaper than the NowTV Gift Cards (when asked during the cancel process say "i can't afford it").

Also keep an eye on the Community Forum, NowTV Website Offers Page and HotUK Deals website for discounted Sports Passes.

One thing to note coming from Sky Satellite, that NowTV Sports Passes don't currently offer the Red Button Sports Service or any Catchup Sports Service .

If you want the best Sports Picture Quality and your playback device supports it then consider the additional HD Boost Pass for 50fps playback at 1080p.

Here's some more information to read up on.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sky-sports-day-week-month-pass 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv-boost 

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Apart from the one week sports pass Argos haven't been selling online NowTV Gift card vouchers for a long time now. 

I haven't looked or been in any Argos physical stores myself in the last two years. 

Currys offer a free delivery service of the NowTV Gift cards if you are interested. 

I normally get my NowTV Gift cards when I am shopping in my local Tesco's (though I haven't checked if they can provide the cards if you shop online with home delivery), 

Game UK also send the voucher electronically to you by email, though their vouchers have a six month expiry date on them. 

I believe PayPal used to sell both the sports pass and cinema NowTV Gift cards electronically, where again I haven't checked or looked into this for a while now. 

If you are going to source vouchers from places like Ebay, Cdkeys online be extremely careful has these sources are not official authorised NowTV sellers of their voucher codes and if the codes don't work then you will need to take it up directly with them. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

Thank you for your reply @schnapps  🙂 And all the helpful information, Currys/Pc world is the best option for me at the moment so will buy a 2 month Entertainment voucher from them.

Thankyou 

Cheryl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps 

As the story goes I only joined Now Tv in December 2018 as my children decided to treat/introduce me to online streaming and to turn my tv into a smart tv 🙂 I followed posts on here from yourself and others to learn how it all worked and found out so much helpful information, I find the community more helpful then I do with Now tv/Live chat to be honest and have been able to resolve issues after reading posts from others 🙂

I had a break from the service late 2019 but resumed using it when this terrible pandemic and lockdown started.

I have an entertainment pass running which I cancelled ( runs out in around 8 days ) I chose the cant afford option and was offered a retention offer, but it worked out more expensive then the voucher/gift cards. I found in the past that the retention deals were very generous but it appears now that they are not so appealing, In the past I also used to get an odd special offer emailed to me now and again but that appears  to have come to an end. Being on a pension I was always looking out for the best deals available but have found a great deal has changed with Now Tv, It appears all there prices have increased, The offers are not so good anymore and the sticks are also increasing in certain places/ And preloaded passes have changed from x2 months entertainment to 1 month of each entrainment/cinema and a day sports pass that is no use to me

At the end of the day I still enjoy the service and all that it offers and the ease to dip in and out, I like the flexibility of the service .

Kind Regards

Cheryl