cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New membership

Hi

i signed up tonight on my mobile. Free to start with then £4.99 per month. Set this up with PayPal. I go to watch tv and it would not let me without clicking on free trial period and thereafter £9.99 per month. Why? I went to watch Last Night in Soho. The sound was muffled and could not turn it up. Are there sub titles as hard of hearing? Thanks

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Welcome!

After you have signed up, you have to use the same account and password details on each device you want to watch Now on.

If you sign up for the Entertainment membership, say, this does not allow you to watch programmes under the other memberships, Cinema, Sports or Hayu.

Is your free/sign in problem caused by either of these things? If so, say which, and ask for further help if you need it.

You turn the sound up by turning the device you are watching on (TV?) up.

You can get subtitles for On Demand programmes, but not for the live channels:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-with-subtitles

Note that in some places you will see them called CC (for Closed Captions), instead of Subtitles, but they come to much the same thing.

To get subtitles on On Demand programmes, press Pause, and look for the little speech bubble amongst what appears there. Click on this, move it from Off to English (usually the only choice) and press Play.

Annoyingly, unless you watch a series of programmes back to back, you have to do this every time you start watching, as Now cannot remember this setting for you. (@Now, why ever not?)

If you don’t see the speech bubble, then either that programme does not have subtitles, or perhaps you are using a Stick, and you can, and you need to, set Subtitles in the Settings Menu of the Stick.

Also check your Memberships to ensure that if Now have quietly added a free trial of Boost, you know this, have checked out what it does and you want it, or else Cancel it within the 7 days so that you don’t start paying for it without realising.

Any more questions, please just ask, telling us how you are watching Now - app on TV, Stick on TV, tablet, mobile, or what?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.