cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New details on bank charge

Has anyone else had new details appear on their standing orders for now tv, mine has always come up on my bank statements as Now tv today it’s completely different 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Over the last couple of months, NOW have started to change their billing identification.

Does it look something similar to the screen shot below ?

This example taken from Twitter below is based on an Entertainment bill (hence the ENTS in the description) and the five digit code is a unique code that helps NOW identify the account bill in question should you every need to contact NOW.

youdoodle-2022-02-14T19-28-49Z.jpg

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Over the last couple of months, NOW have started to change their billing identification.

Does it look something similar to the screen shot below ?

This example taken from Twitter below is based on an Entertainment bill (hence the ENTS in the description) and the five digit code is a unique code that helps NOW identify the account bill in question should you every need to contact NOW.

youdoodle-2022-02-14T19-28-49Z.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It does, thank you, I tried getting in touch with them to check it out, I can breathe easy now thanks so much

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

<pedantry>It’s not a Standing Order (where you decide how much is paid, and it comes directly out of your bank account), and it’s not a Direct Debit (where the payee decides how much gets paid, and it comes directly out of your bank account,  but you have a lot of safeguards), it’s a Continuous Payment Authority (where again the payee decides how much gets paid, but it comes out of your bank account indirectly via a credit or debit card, and you have safeguards, but fewer than with a DD).

Now like it because it’s much simpler and quicker for them, and for you, to set up, rather than anything sinister to do with the lesser safeguards; though anyone who thinks they have cancelled a Now subscription only to find months later that they are still being charged, but Now decline to return any amounts paid more than three months before might wish they had had a DD, where they can just ask for it back via their bank, and get it </pedantry>

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you I only called it a standing order because I couldn’t remember what it was called lol 😂 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same problem!!

4AC62 sports, I emailed them asking what the name of the company was collecting the money but they don’t seem to understand a simple question! 
Surely they should be updating everyone as I have raised the charge with my bank.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User 

This is was a temporary glitch and payments will show as NOW going forward.

The contact centers were made aware of this so sorry for any confusion here.

Thanks

Simon 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Simon-J I had a payment come out yesterday with a number, as opposed to the normal, identifiable ‘NOW’.

As the transaction has processed, will the name of it change back to NOW, or is this just for future payments?

I understand if not, but it’d be good if you were able to do that, as it makes it a lot easier to keep a track of payments.