cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New card details updated without my knowledge

Hi I have just gone to pay now tv and update my new card details but some how u have already got my new card details without me giving you them! I cannot find a contact number to call to solve this issue.
5 REPLIES 5
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Bridie

I'm just a customer like you and I would find it very disturbing if my credit card details were auto updated without my permission.

However, the first thing I would do is contact my credit card/bank help desk and ask them about it. If I could not get a satisfactory answer then I would ask for the card to be cancelled and another one issued.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

RG35 beat me to it, but yes this is becoming “a thing”. I’ve got a (mastercard) debit card issued by an upcoming challenger bank that can do this *if* you have the setting to allow it turned to ON in their app (so at least it’s customer controllable!) The feature is “sold” as a customer convenience, in order to “save you from having to go to everywhere you have stored card details - if you can even remember them all! - and laboriously update them”.

ukbobboy
Legend

@dr_necessitor  @Anonymous User 

You know DR

It's funny how there are so many companies and organisations willing to "auto-help" divest you of your money, so much so that most will not even bother to tell you about their special help.

UK Bob

@ukbobboy  Well at least the bank in question is very good at explaining all its features to their customers and, in many cases, allows the customer to control things!