cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New card details not saved

I cannot change the payment card details because the system requires a house name which my house does not have.

I spent and hour and a half between 2 calls on hold last time to change it with an adviser, the adviser has not saved the information and my payment is now late.

The chat online isn't working.

8 REPLIES 8
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Absurd, isn’t it?

But can you use the Postcode option, where you put in your postcode, and it lists possible addresses, including yours, and you pick it out?

For me, this avoids the redundant (but otherwise mandatory) House Name, and includes my village as well as my post town, village being a field the manual input does not offer.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
It is absurd. Unfortunately using the find address with postcode results
in the same problem.

Using the postcode function autofills everything but the house name which
is blank with a red asterisk and still expects to be filled.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Another forum member had success be leaving the house name blank (even though it showed the red asterix to complete the field) and just clicked the enter button.

Don't know what internet browser they used but they confirmed that their bank card details did successfully update on the NowTV system.

I am guessing you have tried this already ?

Sorry i couldn't help any further where every time i have updated a bank card or created new accounts on behalf of my family members i haven't come across this myself asking for a house name.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you for your reply but unfortunately it hasn't helped.  I have tried using a different browser but the same red asterisk issue remains.

What really annoying is i waited on hold for ages and made a complaint a few days ago because i felt like it was the best way to resolve the problem.  I went through everything again, the payment was taken from the correct account again, the details were changed again but i just tried adding movies and got the Oops message again!  Went into my details and selected the one of 2 cards again and again was faced with the red asterisk of doom.

This is beyond frustrating.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I know @commanda6 had a similar problem to you if my memory serves me right and maybe he can offer some advice to you how he resolved it.

If not perhaps @Karl-F could get one of his Staff to assist you further with regards to this matter.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

H @Anonymous User  

I think I know the issue that @schnapps  is thinking of but unfortunately it wasn't this exact issue, so this will be one for @Karl-F  I'm afraid.

I think my issue might have had something to do with the fact that the house name field for the payment card address was a required field according to the page formatting. If I remember correctly. I asked now TV to check whether this was indeed a required field and it turns out, after investigation, it wasn't it was just a page formatting error. Because as you can imagine a lot of addresses don't have house name in them. So house name can't be set as a required field when updating payment details.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User , 

Thanks for getting in touch, I've read through your comments and have tried the journey myself.

I've left the house name blank and details have been accepted. We're going to look into why we have the asterix and see if we can get that sorted. 

In the mean time, can you please let us know what card your trying to update to? 

Thanks

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same problem and found that putting a space in house number section worked.

So, to be clear, hit the space bar in the house number section and this should work