cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

New account with Sky Sports Pass

Hi, I’ve just joined now broadband with a sports pass.  The pass was on offer at £28 per month. I currently do not have any sports working and have been told by customer services to wait for a code due to open reach (had sports pass with BT previously).  Does anyone know how long this will take?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to close this off, after many hours using the chat and telephone being passed between broadband and TV departments.  I was finally issued with a pair of vouchers to get the discount I signed up for. 

I believe this was meant to come to me in an email but it never did.

In summary - nothing at all to do with Openreach!!  Good start to my NOW experience.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Sounds wildly unlikely to me.

But you will need to scroll to the bottom of the Home Page on whatever device you are trying to watch on, and change the Account details from the BT TV ones to the direct Now account details you have now.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sounds unlikely to me too. NOW account user name and password is the same
as before - it is not directly linked to BT.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Now I’m confused. Did you have BT Sports, or did you have a Now Sports pass through BT TV? If the latter, you have to wait for BT to ‘let go’ of the Now account, if you want to keep the same one.

Or are you waiting for the Now Broadband to start ( not yet three green lights on the router)? That will indeed need some action from Openreach; but there’s no code involved in that for users, AFAIK. 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sorry, not trying to confuse you.

I had a NOW sports pass via BT.  BT have let it go - it no longer works.

NOW broadband is working as it should - changed over no problem.

NOW telephone support told me to wait until open reach - let it go (sports pass) then I’d get a code to, I presume, let me have the sports pass at £28 per month rather than £33 if I click on the link today.  

Sounds a bit suspect to me but you never know hence why I’ve asked here - rather than wait for three hours on the phone again!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to close this off, after many hours using the chat and telephone being passed between broadband and TV departments.  I was finally issued with a pair of vouchers to get the discount I signed up for. 

I believe this was meant to come to me in an email but it never did.

In summary - nothing at all to do with Openreach!!  Good start to my NOW experience.