cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Glenlyn
Advocate

NOW have not applied for line transfer

Hi.

I went active with now in January and my previous provider (talktalk) is still billing me £48 a mth out of contract. I have cancelled it but this now takes 30 days so circa £150 loss.

TALK claim they haven't received a line take over request from NOW and the service is still active. NOW claim bt open reach approved.

NOW customer service is useless in sorting the issue out. Meanwhile I'm being billed by both providers.

NOW first said it was an automated error, then implied my error during online application.  I have retained my existing telephone number so don't agree with that.

I've spent hrs tied up on phones, bounced between departments, disconnected and having to re explain. 

Does the customer service get any better? 

Quote......

"If you're joining NOW from talktalk you won't  need to cancel with them or let them know you are leaving - we will take care of everything"

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Glenlyn 

Be persistent, not much we can do on here as 99% of posters on here are just customers like you and me. 

See this link for many ways to lodge a complaint.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-broadband-complaint1

And this for the codes of practice for complaints with NOW.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/codes-of-practice

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Glenlyn OK, I am just thinking again in light of other comments - the confusion caused by posting in multiple places - are you certain that your service with NOW is actually live? If you still have your old TalkTalk number then either your service is still active with them. Otherwise NOW have failed in their obligation to notify TalkTalk under the gaining provider led process mandated by Ofcom.

Jayach
Elite 3

Personally, in light of the other comments, I feel the problem is TalkTalk's.

If Now have taken the number over, TalkTalk should be aware.

@Glenlyn 

Did you get any "sorry you are leaving" emails/texts from TalkTalk?

Glenlyn
Advocate

Talk talk claim they haven't received a line take over request which is the duty of NOW

Glenlyn
Advocate

My service is live with Now. On exchange day the line went dead. The new broadband is up and running and my phone calls are logged on NOW bills.  Nothing showing on TALKTALK  bill