cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KBob
Mentor

NOW TV subscriptions changed over to BT by accident

I asked for a sports package with my BT broadband and the agent gave me their entertainment package instead so all my subscriptions with NOW are with them.

I want to change it but I'm concerned I've lost the cheaper deals I had with Now for Sky Sports and Entertainment.

Anyone know anything about this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@KBob 

Did BT ask if you had an existing NOW account? If you said yes and gave them permission to add Sports to your NOW account, they would have transferred the whole NOW account and resulting any all discounts being lost.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@KBob 

You'll need to call BT to sort it out. However you need to bear in mind, you will need to have a second account to handle anything either NOW or BT respectively.

KBob
Mentor

Thank-you for your swift reply. I've managed to cancel it and they tell me it has reverted back to NOW as it hadn't been actioned. However it doesn't show up on my account yet. Their Sports Package offer was really confusing and it seems it can only be accessed by signing up for BT TV which means they take over your NOW account. Most importantly they don't honour any of the lower subscription charges that are in place with NOW.  I understand your comment about having 2 accounts. That would be the only way to do it.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@KBob 

Did BT ask if you had an existing NOW account? If you said yes and gave them permission to add Sports to your NOW account, they would have transferred the whole NOW account and resulting any all discounts being lost.

KBob
Mentor

Exactly what happened with no warning that the discount wouldn't be honoured. I have to trust they have cancelled it properly and it has reverted back!

KBob
Mentor

Update from NOW when your accounts transfer from another provider they are automatically cancelled and have to be re-subscribed at the end of the current subscription period. They have promised to find good deals for me once that happens.  I'll post updates on here in the hope it will help.