cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV ads

Can anyone explain to me why, on a paid for streaming service which isn't exactly cheap, I am being forced to sit through adverts before my movies and programmes start? Netflix, Prime etc don't do this and they are cheaper. I can see if I am happy to pay for BOOST then the adverts vanish but why should I have to pay for this? Seriously considering leaving NOW TV, seems a rip off to me. Thoughts? 

3 REPLIES 3
redchiz1
Champion 2

This has been discussed to death. You pay your money and take your choice. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Cancellation offers, resulting in me paying £10 for boost, entertainment and cinema. Which I don’t think is a rip off. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

There are two things that you have to watch that aren’t the programme you selected; one is adverts, usually scattered in bunches throughout your programme, and for things that third parties sell, like baked beans and special underpants. The other is trailers for other Now programmes, typically once per programme before it starts playing.

Be warned that Boost stops the adverts, but it doesn’t stop the trailers.

We want a Skip Trailer option to deal with this, but do you think Now will give us one? Will they heck as like 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.