cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW TV: CINEMA, ENTERTAINMENT, SPORTS PASSES COSTS!

Hi

New to NOW TV. Have also got Prime and Netflix and will need to leave one of them as three are obviously costly!

I was thinking of keeping Now TV and leaving Netflix (a novice at them all really) and this evening, decided to watch Mission Impossible 1. I had watched Fallout which is new, on Netflix or Prime included. So was shocked to find that a 21 yr old film is costing me £11-99 to watch, over and above the £7-99 I have committed to pay for Now TV. 

Is it just me thinking this is beyond the pale, please?

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

Hi @Anonymous User 

The £7.99 gets you a month’s Entertainment programmes. I guess that is what you bought originally.

The £11.99 gets you a month’s Movies; you are charged this when you first watch any movie this month, as you found when you watched Mission Impossible 1.

But NowTV don’t have some free movies, and other for which they charge movie by movie, like some other services; once you have paid the monthly charge, there are about a thousand movies, some quite new, that you can pick from, and watch as many as you want, during that month.

But if you don’t want to keep this subscription going, Cancel it now; this will stop it from renewing next month, but you can still cram in as many movies as you want during the month you just paid for, as the Cancel only takes effect at the end of it.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.