cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RuthS
Advocate

Mysterious £25 Charge to a Card not even linked to my account

I've had a £25 charge applied to my card (one that is not linked to my NOW account). 

There is nothing on my NOW account to show this payment value. 

Does anyone have any idea whether NOW will be able to tell me what the charge was for if I give them my long card number (without the need for me going through my Card provider?)

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@RuthS 

I presume the £25 charge has Now, or Sky, and a short code, on you card statement, and that’s how you know it’s Now, and not anyone else?

In which case, if you quote that code to Now on Live Chat, they will be able to tell what it is for, and what Now account it is linked to.

With due safeguards, they will probably tell you that so you can deal with it; or they may be able to deal with it for you.

I think £25 could be a broadband charge, in which case, unless you have just taken out Broadband with Now, it is very likely as error; but Live Chat will know.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RuthS 

Sounds like you have a duplicate account with the same payment details. Use this link to find other accounts.
https://help.nowtv.com/article/find-an-account

Then contact staff via live chat by clicking “chat online” within the green box, don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Then close the other account down by emailing support. See the below picture for the email address.

gavs82008_0-1679780278906.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RuthS
Advocate

Thank you for that reply, I have tried that but it hasn't come back with anything. I even tried my son's name too because....well, you never know.....but neither worked anyway. 

£25.00 is a bit of an odd charge though - like its not a subscription amount, is it ?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RuthS 

It sounds like a possible discounted rate for the sports membership. 

Certainly seems odd for sure. Hopefully staff can get you sorted out on live chat.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RuthS
Advocate

Thank you - I will check it out tomorrow. I started a live chat earlier and it disappeared and now all I get is the Bot with no option for live chat anymore. Maybe all finished for the night! Will try tomorrow again. In the meantime, I have raised it with my cared provider. It definitely would not be anyone from my household if it was the Sports !

RoyB
Legend

@RuthS 

I presume the £25 charge has Now, or Sky, and a short code, on you card statement, and that’s how you know it’s Now, and not anyone else?

In which case, if you quote that code to Now on Live Chat, they will be able to tell what it is for, and what Now account it is linked to.

With due safeguards, they will probably tell you that so you can deal with it; or they may be able to deal with it for you.

I think £25 could be a broadband charge, in which case, unless you have just taken out Broadband with Now, it is very likely as error; but Live Chat will know.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RuthS
Advocate

@RoyB 

How embarrassing. Only after seeing your reply did I remember I set up Broadband for my Mum a couple of weeks ago. She'd asked me to sort out a new contract for her and because she wasn't available when I had to put in the bank details, I used my card! 

Literally spent two hours of my time trying to sort this out only to realise it was me all along. 

Thanks for your reply, I would probably still be chasing this up had you not mentioned Broadband (head in hands)