cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Moving and can't downgrade ... even though I have to?

I just had a very strange conversation with a Now customer service rep when I called to transfer my package to the flat I will be moving into. I currently have fab fibre but apparently the new place doesn't have fibre capability and he said he "isn't allowed" to downgrade for a move. So I asked, what does that mean? You can't give me my current package so I have to cancel Now altogether? Or you will charge me for fibre even though I'm not getting fibre? He just kept repeating that company policy is they're not allowed to downgrade for a move, and I kept asking but what does that mean, until I finally asked to speak to someone else because he wasn't understanding the question, and he said I would have to hang up and call back. But before I tear my hair out more ... which one is it and why would either one be true? 

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Try ringing again, and asking to speak to someone with a brain cell 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

😆 I guess I have to keep trying until I get someone with a working knowledge of logic and customer service - sigh.