cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Monzo debit card issue

Hello there, I can't use my monzo debit card as a payment method, I've tried to use it as my payment method several times and it simple doesn't works.

PS: I use the same card to on a daily basis and have this problem only with now tv.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I noticed on the Monzo website that you can be has young has 16 to be accepted for these cards.

Are you 18 years or over, where NowTV wouldn't permit anybody creating an account younger than 18.

Also is your Monzo card registered to your home billing address in the UK.

I can see the Monzo card has the Master Card logo on it which NowTV accepts and Monzo are a UK registered Financial Company, but if this card is an upfront pre paid type of credit card then i have heard in the past that the NowTV system can not always recognise or accept these type of cards (it's a bit hit & miss).

Maybe have a word with live chat for further assistance & help.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I noticed on the Monzo website that you can be has young has 16 to be accepted for these cards.

Are you 18 years or over, where NowTV wouldn't permit anybody creating an account younger than 18.

Also is your Monzo card registered to your home billing address in the UK.

I can see the Monzo card has the Master Card logo on it which NowTV accepts and Monzo are a UK registered Financial Company, but if this card is an upfront pre paid type of credit card then i have heard in the past that the NowTV system can not always recognise or accept these type of cards (it's a bit hit & miss).

Maybe have a word with live chat for further assistance & help.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks mate, I'm 26 years old and live, currently, at Manchester. I use Monzo as my bank, so, basically, I got a current account at it and a debit card.

I'll talk to the live chat fellas and see what can be done.

PS: There's a nice footy match today + F1 this weekend...so, hopefully, it will be fixed asap.

For the avoidance of doubt, Monzo is a fully recognised proper UK bank and now issues a regular debit card (as opposed to the pre-paid Mastercard that it used to issue but has now been totally phased out).

This non-acceptance issue should also be reported to Monzo by the OP @Anonymous User . Monzo have a team that “educates” those merchants (relatively few nowadays) where Monzo debit card acceptance is found to be lacking.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've talked to Monzo and the issue is on now tv's end... Will see when they'll be able to fix it...