cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Month pass and TV Stick + 2Month pass issues.

So monday the 15th i started the 7 Day free trial for entertainment, decided on the 19th to buy the TV Stick and 2Month Entertainment pass but forgot to cancel the trial thing first.

Skip to today or yesterday (sunday 21st) saw that i had the 2month entertainment pass in the payment screen but still had an upcoming payment of £7.99 today so i canceled the monthly so i wouldnt be charged for an extra month.  Come to the 22nd when the free trial would of ended - Tried to watch Game of Thrones live.  (Assumed the 2month pass would be like oh hey yeah i'm actually working)

And no its not available, So i had to buy the pass even though i "should" have a 2month pass already (Which there is no confirmation button after pressing it - Seriously?) and the next payment due is the 22nd of may.   Have i canceled the 2months already bought by mistake by trying not to be charged for a 3rd month?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

A couple or three of things to know:-

‘Cancel pass’ is a bit of a misnomer, as all passes run for their full duration. What you actually Cancel is any renewal.

It is often too late to Cancel a renewal the day before it is due. NowTV may well have already  started the payment mechanism, even if the money doesn’t actually move until the next day.

When you get vouchers built into a Stick, they go into a holding area on your NowTV account, ready for you to activate at a time of your choice. They aren’t automatically activated.

So - you started a trial on the 15th, and assumed it would run to the same hour and minute on the 22nd, but I’m not sure that’s true. (Anybody?) It may well have taken the 15th as Day 1, in which case it would run out at the end of the 21st.

And as above, yesterday was likely too late to Cancel it, especially with today being a Bank Holiday and all, so you likely got charged for this coming month.

I think if you look in your account, you will find the Entertainment Pass from the Stick is still safely there, but you need to activate it.

Which you can do when you have less than one month to go on your current pass (the one you just bought). Which might be today, or you might have to wait until tomorrow to activate it, based on however NowTV define a month.

But anyway, you can certainly look and see if it is there, and what its status is.

Do come back and let us know if all is as it should be, given the above, or not.

Footnote: I wonder if all these failed peely-peelies we are seeing come from a similar issue, that registering a pass isn’t the same as activating it, and people don’t realise that? 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
RoyB
Legend

A couple or three of things to know:-

‘Cancel pass’ is a bit of a misnomer, as all passes run for their full duration. What you actually Cancel is any renewal.

It is often too late to Cancel a renewal the day before it is due. NowTV may well have already  started the payment mechanism, even if the money doesn’t actually move until the next day.

When you get vouchers built into a Stick, they go into a holding area on your NowTV account, ready for you to activate at a time of your choice. They aren’t automatically activated.

So - you started a trial on the 15th, and assumed it would run to the same hour and minute on the 22nd, but I’m not sure that’s true. (Anybody?) It may well have taken the 15th as Day 1, in which case it would run out at the end of the 21st.

And as above, yesterday was likely too late to Cancel it, especially with today being a Bank Holiday and all, so you likely got charged for this coming month.

I think if you look in your account, you will find the Entertainment Pass from the Stick is still safely there, but you need to activate it.

Which you can do when you have less than one month to go on your current pass (the one you just bought). Which might be today, or you might have to wait until tomorrow to activate it, based on however NowTV define a month.

But anyway, you can certainly look and see if it is there, and what its status is.

Do come back and let us know if all is as it should be, given the above, or not.

Footnote: I wonder if all these failed peely-peelies we are seeing come from a similar issue, that registering a pass isn’t the same as activating it, and people don’t realise that? 

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, seems to be correct - It was just that i was unaware off having to activate the 2month trial as i couldnt find anywhere to do it on the site. So i assumed it was auto activated, but it seems i can only do so when the TV Stick arrives.  As a friend has pointed out to me this morning as well.

It's not really stated anywhere (or clear to me at least) in any of the e-mails i received when buying the package. 

Thanks for the help - if ive been charged double i will come back and moan a bit more.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I bought the Smart stick+ 2 month entertainment pass. On May 1st there was no pass in my account so i signed up for 7 day free trial which expired yesterday May 7th. I've chatted to 2 agents on May 7 who made me reset twice and still no pass. Then chat disconnected.  Did all that again today May 8th with 2 agents. Been through reset and the get started and no pass. Then they gave me a voucher number which is not valid. It says it's already used. Now I'm without the pass and no idea what to do. There is no help from NowTV.

RoyB
Legend

Sorry to ask if it should be obvious, but have you plugged your Stick into a TV and signed in to your existing NowTV account on it yet?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes I did that when I set up. I have also reset the stick 2 times while
it's plugged in.

Kat