cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NorrieG
Advocate

Money in credit not being used.

I watched a film through cinema membership and I have more than enough credit in my account to pay for this, but it has not been used. Anyone help as to how I can pay this via credit. Is there a time limit on this transaction before it appears in my account

Cheers.

NorrieG

2 REPLIES 2
RoyB
Legend

@NorrieG 

I’m not quite sure what you mean here, but you do perhaps seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of how Now works 😢

With a Cinema Membership, you can watch as many movies as you can pack in, one by one, all for the one price per month. Across as many devices as you own that support the Now app.

When you first take out a Cinema Membership, you give your card details straight away, but you get a free seven-day trial.

If you Cancel during this period, then you still get the full seven days, but the trial, and thus your access to movies, stops after this.

If you don’t Cancel, then you are charged for a month’s Cinema on the seventh/eighth day (the exact timing depends) and you can then watch all the movies you can manage up to, but not including, the same day in the next month.

If you Cancel during this month, then you still get the full month’s access, but the Membership, and thus your access to movies, stops after this.

If you don’t Cancel, though, then you are charged for a further month’s Cinema on the renewal day or the day after (the exact timing always depends) and you can then watch all the movies you can manage up to, but not including, the same day in the month after this further month.

And so on, and so on……

Where exactly are you in this process?

By ‘your account’, I hope you mean the debit or credit card you signed up with?

It is generally a good idea to know how what you have signed up to works, especially to know that charging does not stop just because you stop watching, and you have to specifically Cancel when you no longer want to use the Cinema Membership.

There are other things to know, like the extra features buying a monthly Boost could additionally bring, but above is an outline of the basics.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
NorrieG
Advocate

Thanks for reply, but I do know how the system works. I have credit sitting in my Now TV account and after taking out a cinema membership for a month the payment has not been debited from that credit. If I take out any membership, and as long as I have credit, surely the £9.99 comes from there first and not my card that is registered with them Therefore what is the point of having credit in the account if it is never going to be used ? I thought any payment due them would be debited automatically from my credit and I don't see a way to authorise this on the site. Does the payment maybe take a while to show up on my account ? I don't know.