cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Misleading Cancellation Process

Hi,

I am in a state of shock and fury. By coincidence, I noticed that you have been billing my account for a movie pass I cancelled several months ago.

I tested your offer for £5.00 a month and then cancelled it withint the month, as I don’t like your selection of movies. But for some reason, you have continued to bill my account.

How could this have happened? Well trying to cancel my account, once again today, I noticed I had to click on 'cancel' several times, and sometimes I had to scroll down to see the additional cancel button as it was almost hidden. So you make it look like you clients have cancelled their pass, while they have not. I find this despicable as I thought the first time I clicked on cancel that it would have been enough, and I am sure any ombudsman in your industry would think the same.

I demand a full refund for the two extra movie passes I did not subscribe to, an apology, and a stop of your misleading requirement that forces your clients to press on cancel several times, effectively tricking people.

I am sure that there are other people are in the same situation, that are unknowingly paying for something they did not want. 

If you don't comply with my demands, I will seek out other people you have damaged and build a group to get our money back and bring your awful behaviour into the light.

You have until Tuesday afternoon to make this right.

Also, get you messaging system right. I tried to send this message directly to you, but it did not work.

Thanks

31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same thing happened to me, only realised by chance that payemnts had continued to be taken after I was midlead to believe I cancelled the service. Each time I pressed the cancel button, I was directed to a new page displaying advertisements. It was by chance today I realised if I scrolled to the  bottom of the webpage there was the message 'are you sure you want to canel', with a 'yes I want to cancel' button at the bottom of the page. After clicking the button I was directed to another page displaying advertisements, and again by chance of scrolling down to bottom of the webpage there was again a message asking 'are you sure you want to cancel' and again a'yes I want to cancel' button at the bottom.. This happened 4 times consecutively before a message was displayed confirming the service was cancelled.

I believe the wesbite was designed to intentially mislead people into believeing they had cancelled a service, byrepeatedly redirecting users to a webpage that only displays adverts in within the screen view of a device, causing distraction to the user, who having already pressed a 'yes I want to cancel button' and been redirected to a new web page, believes the service has been cancelled.

It comes down to chance that a user scrolls to the bottom of the webpage, and realises they have to repeat the process several times, each time being reidretced to a new web page only displaying adverts in its intial screen view. A user having already pressed a 'yes I want to canel button' several  times would naturally believe they had cancelled the service.

Lost for words.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OMG, THEY DID THIS TO ME TOO!

Charged me for 6 months, I only managed to notice after I had cancelled my card because I had lost it. So I received payment failures emails and was confused as I know I cancelled it.  I am adamant I cancelled my account but according to them apparently not and because I could not find any email from them containing a cancellation confirmation so they said the best they could do is to refund me for 3 months. 

It is absolutely ridiculous when I explicitly remember cancelling. 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You know Noella

That's why when conducting any financial transaction you have to obtain and maintain your proof otherwise, in the words of Judge Judy, it doesn't exist.

In the case of online transactions, always make copies or screen prints and keep them in a special folder/directory on your computer.  So should anything go wrong you can email your proof back to the charging organisation.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Spoiler
Totally 100% agree thought I had cancelled mine as it it had said it was cancelled then I scrolled down and it said still want to cancel a further 3 more times to click to cancel
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here. I remember cancelling my free pass December 2018. Today I realised that I've been charged two months. The live chat assistants seemed to be intentionally obtuse saying I only cancelled today; finally after 45 minutes of insistence I got a full refund though they had claimed they couldn't do that. Very shifty company indeed. We all need to negatively review NOWTV and their shady practices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also experienced this, I took the free trial offer and cancelled. I have only realised today that they have still been taking payment, I will contact of com as this is unlawful. I participated in the online chat which was terminated as soon as I questioned the charges. I have also tried emailing customer services with no reply ! an absolute shocking company to deal with who do not care about customers. I have never used this service even in the free trial period, its cost me over £200 !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had the same issue. I was charged 11 months from my first cancellation (atleast that’s what I thought), and after countless timed out chats the best they would offer me was a 4 month refund due to ‘limitations’ and that ‘I should have said to them sooner’. In hindsight I should have said no and pushed for a full refund. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been totally unaware that despite the fact ive never ever used now tv ive been charged £11.99 every month for nearly 2 yrs i believed i cancelled my subsription as i could not get it to work i even cancelled my debit card to make sure they wouldnt take my money i have been very unwell and ive tried so many times to speak to someone to stop this. I live on sickness benifit and this is alot of money for me im too scared to add to even add up how much money theyve taken from me can anyone help me please

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

NowTV can check if you have used the Passes at all, and if not, they should refund you. Stick out for the full amount, not a partial refund.

Get in Touch (all the options, and the best place to start):-

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/

Live Chat and Send Us a Message:-

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The same thing happened to me. Incredibly poor customer service. I am very disappointed with this company for being so misleading and effectively tricking people into paying for something they clearly do not want.