cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pandora
Mentor

Migrating Now Tv from BT

I've just switched to Now broadband & TV from BT where I also had a Now Tv account.

I'd like to keep my Now tv account & use it when bt closes. BT say the account & email are mine so it shouldn't be a problem..I tried the live chat on NOW, but it was difficult to get the point over. 

I have vouchers for discount packages which I need to use. I want to know if I can keep what was my old BT account  as my Now acct & apply the vouchers or if I have to make a whole new account (& lose all my watchlists etc)

* When I signed up the guy told me to call up & they would sort it. Clearly he didn't know there's no phone line for tv issues!

Has anyone moved from bt & kept their Now account? 

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
redchiz1
Champion 2

Can you please clarify whether you have a separate NOW TV account, or you subscribed to NOW via BT TV? If the former, no problem. With the latter, it may need a bit more management. 

Pandora
Mentor

I subscribed to Now tv via bt as part of the package.

RoyB
Legend

@Pandora 

I can’t find you an answer; but just as BT can take on an existing Now streaming account when you join BT TV, after which you can expect BT to support you rather than Now, I would expect that BT would need to actively let go of the Now streaming account when you leave.

Though neither the Now Help nor the BT Help seem to cover this eventuality 😢

I did find this on the Now Help:-

https://help.nowtv.com/article/bt-support

where it tells you how to contact BT, but it may just take you where you have already been.

If I were you, I would post your query on:-

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-TV/ct-p/BTVision

The Admins/Moderators are very active on there, and knowledgeable and helpful as well, and they should be able to find out if you can do what you want, and how you go about it.

If it can’t be done, though, then I think that this is something every Now member thinking of migrating to BT TV should be aware of before committing to it, so the definitive answer will be very useful here.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Pandora
Mentor
Thanks for such a comprehensive reply. I spoke to BT yesterday and they
didn't seem to know beyond saying that it was my account so it 'should'
revert to my control.
They suggested I leave it a couple of days for things to close and wait to
see what happens, so I'll post back hopefully when I have some answers.
redchiz1
Champion 2

OK, well I imagine when your service ceases with BT and you can longer pay them for your NOW TV service then it will simply stop? In which case start a separate one in conjuration with your NOW broadband account and take it from there. 

Pandora
Mentor

I spoke to BT again and it turns out there had been a glitch in closing my account & they hadn't quite shut it down properly, this apparently had caused my Now account to still register as being a BT broadband acct.

This has now been resolved & hopefully within the next 24hrs the acct should be free of BT & able to use on Now.

Fingers crossed.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Pandora 

As mentioned by @redchiz1 could you elaborate what account your talking about?

Have you just moved your broadband from NOW to BT?

Or have you done the full move and moved broadband including TV memberships all to BT?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

@gavs82008 From, not to BT.  😉

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 

Haha it’s been one of those days! 🤣

@Pandora ignore me as I’ve clearly not had enough caffeine for the day!!

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help