cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Maximum Devices

I have just upgraded to Now TV Boost only to be told I can not watch it on my HD TV due to making my maximum device changes this month.

So the only devices I can now watch on is my mums Now TV  box ( don’t live with her) and my IPhone.

What a complete joke this system is!!! 
Spent more money to upgrade this services thinking that would open up further options to me, but no that doesn’t seem to be the case.

I now have to wait until 1st April to add both my HD TV’s to enable to watch Now TV in HD.

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Was your LG or Samsung HD TV one of the six devices registered on your account ?

If it was have you tried to unplug the power to your HD smart television or the playback device hooked up to your HD TV to see if the extra stream from two to three kicks in on your device.

Also try signing out and back in on your LG or Samsung Smart HD Television NowTV App to see if the Boost Pass then kicks in (where if you purchased the Boost Pass on the NowTV website it could take 4 Hours to appear on your account unless you sign out and back in on the NowTV App).

Also when you go into the NowTV App on your Smart television and under My Account section of the App see if it shows the HD Boost Pass has been applied.  

When you go to My Account > Devices whilst logged in on here, does it show all six devices registered (including your HD TV) and is there an option for any available device swaps this calendar month or have you used up all three of your swaps this month ?

If you have used up all three of your device swaps then jump over to live chat.

Live chat is closed until 5pm today, but once their service is available back online, open the link below and click on the small blue arrow directly underneath How to Get in Touch to reveal the green chat button to click on.

https://help.nowtv.com/gb/get-in-touch/technical-device-issues/adding-or-changing-devices 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
All I have listed is two devices, iPhone and mother’s now tv box.

It does show the added boost option on my account.

It states when I try to play a movie I have reached my maximum swaps for this month.

Tried signing out but no use.

I have Sony televisions so tried to airplay but same message appeared.

Thanks anyways
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

After 5pm today jump over to live chat and ask them to reset all your devices on your account.

Once live chat has reset your registered devices, play some content on your NowTV Passes (up to a maximum of six devices that you want re-registered again).

Where this should hopefully automatically add and indicate the devices on your Account under My Account > Devices whilst you are logged in on here.

Then hopefully you will then be able to watch three streams at the same time on a single account when using any of your six registered devices on the HD Boost Pass.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Forgot to ask does the Boost pass show on your iPhone when going to the My Account section of the NowTV App on your phone ? (just in case you have more than one account and the Boost Pass was purchased on a different account).

Live chat after 5pm today should be able to sort this out for you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes same account.

Many thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Great thanks
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Seems that NowTV live chat won't be available today after 5pm and will resume tomorrow morning at 8 AM.

Screenshot_2020-03-22-15-46-10.png