cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Lost payment card for Sky Sports monthly pass

Afternoon all.

I have just lost my credit card that I make my monthly payment with and the next payment is due on the 28th June.

I have ordered a new card but suspect it wont be here in time but after cancelling my old one the payment method will be invalid. Will i have a few days post the 28th to update the new card details or be ruthlessly cut off on the day?

Kind regards

Russell.

2 REPLIES 2
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

You get a day or two's grace with a retry on Now TV's side.

Do you have another card? If so, use that.

Also depending on what you want the sports membership for, it's not so bad if it gets cancelled as there is often an offer available.  Currently one for £9.99/month and may well be another next week for the upcoming rugby internationals.

PS I would recommend getting a bank account like Revolut which has virtual cards. Impossible to lose 🙂

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The banks have a system that when cards change, the beneficiaries of CPAs, like Now, get notified, so there is no break in payments.

Your bank may not operate this system, or may not operate it in these circumstances; but it’s well worth you asking them if they are going to do this.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.