cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Losing watch on 2 device's at same time?

While changing a device on my account I see in the small print that it says from 31 July I will only be able to watch on one device at a time instead of 2. Why is this changing? To be only able to watch 1 device at a time makes Now TV not worth the price. Has anyone else seen this? 

65 REPLIES 65
PAMDILL
Advocate

I had no warning about the loss of ability to stream on two screens then once I took out Boost I got no notice of the rise to £5 a month.

Now all the Discovery channels have gone as well as Fox and paying £14.99 a month for a lot less channels then we used to have you wonder if it is worth it anymore.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@PAMDILL 

FOX was owned by Disney and it makes sense for them to close the channel and put its content on Disney+.

Discovery wanted to promote Discovery+, made sense for the channel to be pulled.

Both decisions absolutely nothing to do with Sky/NOW.

As for the reduction in streams, this was promoted within the Banner on your account page up til the changes took place.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 @PAMDILL 

The decisions themselves may have been nothing to do with Sky/Now, but the consequences of those decisions, which is that the services offered by Sky/Now have been reduced, thus in turn reducing the value of their offerings, has everything to do with Sky/Now.

The golden age of streaming, when three affordable subscriptions could get you everything there was to have, has lasted but a couple of years at most; and now we have to cherry-pick from the plethora of subscriptions on offer, Now must look to their laurels if they are to remain among the cherry-picked.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The decision to cut the basic number of streams from 2 to 1 and add advertisements was a SKY/NOW decision and a bizarre one given how the value of the streams has been eroded by other competing services and the number of subscription free and totally ad funded services available is increasing 

ScottishMike
Mentor

... and it can take up to 10 minutes for NowTV to realise you've signed out of one app so you can watch on another device?

RoyB
Legend

@ScottishMike 

We now know that the ten-minute rule only applies if you (say) just switch the device off without exiting cleanly.

As long as you make a clean exit from what you were watching, even just back to the Home Screen, you can pick up straight away on another device,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.